Since Podcast Addict v1.17.3 the app can be controlled through the sending of remote commands called ‘Intents’.
Some 3rd parties apps specialized in task automation will then allow you to control Podcast Addict. For example you will be able to wake up to the sound of your playlist or to start automatically playing when some NFC tag has been detected.
In Tasker you just need to copy/paste one of the following intent in the task Action field ("Misc" action type then select "Send Itent") .
If you prefer Automate It, you can use the Podcast Addict plugin that will save you some configuration time (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smarterapps.podcastaddictplugin )
Here are the supported commands (Intents) :
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.toggle – Toggle the playlist
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.stop – Stop the player and release its resources
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.play – Start playing the playlist
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.pause – Pause the playlist
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.nexttrack – Start playing next track
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.previoustrack – Start playing previous track
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.jumpforward – Jump 30s forward
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.jumpbackward – Jump 15s backward
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.1xspeed - Disable the variable playback speed
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.1.5xspeed – Force the playback speed at 1.5x
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.2xspeed – Force the playback speed at 2.0x
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.stoptimer – Disable the timer
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.15mntimer – Set the timer at 15 minutes
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.30mntimer – Set the timer at 30 minutes
com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.60mntimer – Set the timer at 1 hour
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.update – Trigger podcasts update
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.openmainscreen – Open the app on the Main screen
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.openplaylist – Open the app on the Playlist screen
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.openplayer – Open the app on the Player screen
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.opennewepisodes – Open the app on the New episodes screen
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.opendownloadedepisodes – Open the app on the Downloaded episodes screen
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.playfirstepisode – Start playing the first episode in the playlist
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.customspeed – Start playing the first episode in the playlist
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.customtimer – Start playing the first episode in the playlist
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.deletecurrentskipnexttrack – Delete the current episode and skip to the next one. It behaves the same way as long pressing on the player >| button, but doesn't display any confirmation popup.
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.deletecurrentskipprevioustrack – Delete the current episode and skip to the previous one. It behaves the same way as long pressing on the player |< button, but doesn't display any confirmation popup.
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.boostVolume – Toggle the Volume Boost audio effect
- com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.quickBookmark – Creates a bookmark at the current playback position so you can easily retrieve it later.