- Network issue in case of streaming
- Corrupted/Truncated downloaded file (can be a podcast server issue or a Podcast Addict issue)
- Android unsupported format (missing codecs ?)
- Unsupported characters in the downloaded file name
- Your device mediaplayer service crashed and rebooting the device will fix it.
If you have this error with one specific episode it might be a compatibility issue or a corrupted file issue, but if you're having this issue with every episodes, it might indicate that Android mediaplayer service did crash. In that case only rebooting the device will fix this issue.
If a downloaded episode fails to play, please try playing it with the device default player (you can use the Share button in the player screen to do so). If it works, then it looks like a Podcast Addict bug and I should be able to fix it. If it fails as well, then I won't be able to help, because the app (like most player app) relies on Android mediaplayer framework.
In that case the only workaround might be to try playing the episode with MX Player or VLC because they are using their own engine.
If it still fails, please check the file size using a file explorer app. If the file size is less than 1MB please send it to me so I can analyze it.
Please send me a mail (Settings/Contacts) with the following information so I can try to find the root cause of this issue:
- Android version
- Are you streaming or playing a downloaded file
- Podcast feed url (long press on the podcast and select 'Copy url to clipboard' to do so)
- Episode name