Skip to content

General

2336 results found

1. after update lost all podcasts, streams, downloads. this should be fixed soon. android.

Fix update bug please. After automatic update all podcasts, streams, downloads are lost.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear about that, however the app can only lose data when it gets uninstalled or when the app data gets cleared from Android settings.
    If you didn’t do this manually then it looks like the Play Store app made a big mistake and somehow uninstalled/resinstalled the app instead of updating it.
    Unfortunately if you don’t have a backup file to restore, you will have to subscribe again to your podcasts

Please send me an email in case of an issue instead of posting here as this website is dedicated to feature requests.

2. Add episode description option to Playlist

In the Playlist screen, can you add a "Show episode description" to the long press menu of episodes in the Playlist?
    Right now, we have to get out of the Playlist screen to see episodes descriptions.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. allow category playlist to play only episodes already in the default playlist

The new category playlist is great, but it also plays episodes I don't care about. There should be a way to limit it to those episodes I've already included in the default playlist.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Those playlists are independants.
    The content they show isn’t related to the global playlist.
    One solution would be to mark those episodes as played when they are published and when you find out you don’t care about them. That way they will not be added to the category playlists.

4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support Sirius Radio

Support Sirius Radio

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remember playlist manual sort order

I have my playlist sorted manually. If I then sort the playlist by some other criteria (recent, size etc) and go back to Manual Sort, the list order does not revert to my Manual Sort order, but stays in the order of the most recent non-manual sort order (recent, size etc)

I would like the playlist to remember my manual playlist order when returning to Manual Sort.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow youtube RSS feed videos to play while the phone is locked or app is not in focus. Like the Firefox app is capable of.

Allow youtube RSS feed videos to play while the phone is locked or app is not in focus. Like the Firefox app is capable of.

This would be an amazing addition and allow anyone to listen to their favorite Youtube content creators as if they were podcasts, all through Podcast Addict.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Return to old playlist system.

Stop breaking up playlists in to different categories, allow us to play episodes from different podcasts in a manual playlist like before.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you’re asking or why you’re rating the app 1 sta because of this new feature.
    NOTHING has changed. I just added a way to listen to categories of podcasts. You can still plsy episodes from a single podcast like you used to or use the global audio playlist. Please send me an email with more detail about the issue so I can understand what the problem is (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

9. avoid automated deletion of episodes if downloaded manually

The user can set the number of new episodes the app is storing. If the app does refresh the podcast atomatically, it will keep this number of episodes. If the user decides to manually download more episodes as configured, there should be an option to keep this downloaded episodes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make easier to restore an OPML file made by another application podcast application so that I can import my podcasts that I was lis . . . .

Make it easier to restore an OPML file made by another podcast application so that I can import podcasts that I was listening to in my other podcast application.

I was using another podcast application. I wanted to try your podcast application. The first thing I wanted to do was to import the podcasts that I had been listening to in my other application podcast application.

I was using another podcast application. I wanted to try your podcast application. The first thing I wanted to do was to import the podcasts that I had been listening to in my other…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ajouter à la suite

Merci pour tout le travail !

Il est possible d'ajouter un podcast à la suite d'un autre via une playlist, mais souvent j'aurais simplement besoin d'ajouter un podcast à la suite du titre en cours d'écoute (sans playlist donc)
    À l'image de ce qu'on trouve sur certaines plates-formes de streaming audio "Ajouter à la suite du morceau en cours"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter duplicate episode titles within a podcast

Some podcasts don't do enough housekeeping and there are duplicate episodes listed within a single podcast subscription. I would like to be able to hide duplicate episode title names within the podcast so I can better keep track of what I've already listened to.

Example: Hello from the Magic Tavern

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app uses RSS GUID tag to make sure there’s no duplicates. Unfortunately there’s nothing I can do if the podcast owner makes a mistake and update past episodes unique Id. Filtering on the title isn’t possible because many podcast keep a unique episode title / url

13. Allow alternate playlist to be lower in multisort

Love the new alternate podcasts feature! But it would be even better if you could sort by other things first, eg sort by priority and then alternate podcasts with the same priority

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve the UX

I'm often lost between the different menus. If I want to mark a podcast as read, I have to do so from the list view.
    There are too many screens, it should be simplified.
    The app is very powerful but the interface is too messy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can long press on an episode to mark it as played, or you can open the episode description screen by pressing on it, and then use the toolbar button to mark it as played.
    Sorry but there’s no UI update planned any time soon

15. Update back button function

Make it so that the back button on any main tab (especially the player tab) takes you to the "podcasts" tab rather than closing the app. I can't count the number of times I've accidentally closed the app when trying to get back to the main podcast screen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry but I will not override the way the back button works on Android. Pressing on it restore the previous screen until you reached the screen that opened the app. If you opened the app from the player notification, then the opening screen is the player screen, so pressing the back button on this screen will close the UI

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. can't jump inside .webm and opus

.webm container is supported. However, when it contains opus audio you can't jump inside the file and location is not remembered. This is a common download format for content downloaded from youtube and other streaming sites.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Playback is managed by the device built-in player, not by the app. This issue means that the device doesn’t fully support the file encoding. In that case every app relying on the device player will have the same issue. Sorry I cannot be more helpful

18. Identify URLs in episode descriptions, and make them clickable

URLs in descriptions, that I guess weren't marked up correctly, are not clickable.

If you searched the descriptions for blocks of text that are URLs, then you could convert them to clickable links for us.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app already does that.
    If the description is provided as plain text, then the app will find urls and make them clickable. If the description is provided as HTML, then every link is clickable.

The only ‘issue’ is if the podcast owner provide an HTML description and only provide urls as plain text. In that case those will not by clickable. and this will need to be fixed by the podcast owner

19. Add a way to clear episodes "New episodes" list

There doesn't seem to be a simple way to clear items from the New Episodes list without tapping download or opening the episode and going back to the list. A lot of the time I don't want to do anything with a new episode. Just want to be able to swipe items away.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let the user set the maximum file size that can be downloaded.

I subscribe to Cnet News podcast, with automatic download enabled, for short video updates. However they recently put a three hour special about Apple's WWDC 2017 keynote on their feed. I didn't want that specific podcast but the app automatically downloaded it.

I would like to be able to set the maximum size of files that will be automatically downloaded from podcasts that I subscribe to. Just an idea!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General