General

1. Allow 'mark as played' action to remove podcasts from "playback in progress" list

I often fast forward to next episode on playlist in order to skip the adverts at the end of podcasts.
    This means I end up with very many podcasts I don't want to listen clogging up the "playback in progress" list.

I'd like to have 'mark as played' remove partially played podcasts from the "playback in progress" list.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. custom default start page (ie. downloaded episodes, recent episodes)

It would be great to be able to choose a custom start page instead of launching into the Podcasts page in the Settings.

I know this is possible via a widget, but widgets aren't possible in folders which is where I put all my music/podcast apps.

I literally go to the downloaded episodes page every single time I start the app and then browse from there, but I'm sure others would prefer to start on the recent episodes page.

It's a small, minor change, but it is an annoyance in the ux every day and the one of the only…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this by replacing the app launcher icon with a widget called ‘opening screen’
    which allows you to select the screen of your choice as the opening screen
    Feel free to send me an email if you have any question
    Thanks

3. Podcast search improvement

When searching for a podcast, it would help if the entire string were taken into account.

If I'm searching for "Commonwealth Club of California", that's all I want to see. Not every podcast with "Commonwealth", "club", or "California" in the name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Virtual podcast instructions

As I understand it, you can play external files in the app by using the Virtual podcast feature which allows you to select a folder so its content can be used as episodes in the app. I have a folder with multiple mp3s, all individual episodes from the same show. When I click on +, then select Virtual, the folder with the mp3s shows up, but there are no files/episodes listed. How do I play one of the mp3s directly from the app using the Virtual feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is normal. You’re selecting a folder, not a standalone file.
    Once the folder is selected the app will create a new podcast and every media file available in the selected folder will be available as an episode.
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

5. Radio > ajouter la RTBF dans la iste belge

Ajouter les différentes radios de la RTBF (Radio Télévision Belge Francophone) dans la liste des radios pour la Belgique : RTBF Mix, La Première, VivaCité, Musiq3, Classic 21, Pure, TarMac, Viva+, Jam, ...

site officiel >> https://www.rtbf.be/radio
    écoute en ligne >> www.rtbfradioplayer.be/radio/liveradio/

Merci :-)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Je suis desole mais l’app repose sur un moteur de recherche tiers pour les radios. Je ne peux donc pas ajouter des radios a la base de donnees existantes.
    Par contre tu peux ajouter n’imporrte quel flux manuellement dans l’app. N’hesites pas a m’envoyer un email si tu as des questions

Merci

6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Revert to offering multiple virtual podcasts for subfolders

Until recently, when creating a virtual podcast, if the folder selected contained no files but only subfolders, the option would be offered to create a separate virtual podcast for each folder. Now that option seems to be gone, and it just dumps everything in all the subfolders into one virtual podcast. Could this option be reinstated, please?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dutch public radio station displayed as US News

In the player screen (with a logo, start, pause button, etc) at the bottom of the screen, Dutch radio station NPO radio 1 has been given the category US News.... please fix?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove the custom playlist

Isn't every playlist a custom playlist? Why can't I disable "custom playlist"?

It randomly populates a list and then plays off of that list even if I'm playing an episode I intentionally put in the playlist I actually want.
    Honestly the custom playlist seems like a result of over thinking and its incredibly annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please take a look at the FAQ to see how the custom playlist works (Settings/FAQs)
    You will then see that there’s nothing random with this tab content
    If you don’t want to use it you can disable the continuous playback mode from the app Settings/Playlist screen

Thanks

11. Skip and delete through Android auto

I use the long press fwd to delete and skip to the next Podcast a lot. Would love to have the same option via Android Auto as I spend most of my listening time while driving.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add "clear unregistered and unavailable networks" from network settings

In network settings my list of unregistered networks goes on forever (Networks I saw months ago for example are included). So when I need to add a new network I have to scroll through 100 irrelevant ones. Frankly as an alternative "visible" or "new" networks could be in their own or a separate list. Or "currently connected network" could just be right at the top. Cheers. Love the app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. List of last played episodes

I like to have a list of last episodes played. Reason is that I often listen to a longer podcast, eg in bed, that I do not finish. During the day í listen to several other podcasts and like to return to the one I did not finish in the evening. Rather than searching through all my subscription, I would prefer a quick glance at the last run audios. I think a simple, self over writing (roll-over) list of say last 10 pieces would suffice (maybe this could even be configured by the user). Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow access to episode's information window from the playlist screen

Within the playlist screen, it seems to be impossible to view an episode's description and other relevant information.

Generally, when I build my playlist, I'm viewing episode descriptions to decide which episodes I should download and which ones I should skip. By the time I get to these episodes in my playlist, I can often forget what a particular episode is about.

Currently, I have to navigate away from the playlist screen to the podcasts screen, clock the relevant podcast and also remember and select the appropriate episode. This seems like something that should be easily added to the contextual…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make the settings menu less confusing

I dread anytime I have an idea where I want to change a setting and having to hunt for it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move a button - play buttons further from ads

I switched to the samsung10e (so this might be phone specific) and the play button on the latest version is so close to the ads that I accidentally hit them all the time. Please move them back up the page (at least for the full art for the podcast player page). They used to be in the center of the screen which - yes is uglier - but is functionally so much better for avoiding ads.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a setting where each user can change the date format displayed next to the episodes

Different countries have different date format conventions. I'd like to suggest a setting where the user can change the date format displayed next to each episode to match the date format that user is most comfortable seeing. For example, some countries use MM/DD/YYYY while others use DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY/MM/DD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add notification tray support for Android 10

Since upgrading to Android 10, I have lost access in the notification tray, so I need to go into the app itself to pause/fast forward.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re referring to the app notifications, it looks like they have been disabled. Please go into the device Settings/Notifications/Applications/Podcast Addict screen to restore them
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

20. Smart downloads like Netflix

Currently there are so many settings for download/cleanup. For cases where you are starting listening to a podcast with lots of episodes, Netflix Android app smart download behaviour would be perfect, a single setting, perhaps an extra one for how many episodes to keep downloaded would be useful too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories