I suggest you ...

Allow a high priority podcast to take over what is "Now Playing".

I listen to a short daily news podcast each morning. I'd like to see a feature where when a new episode of that podcast is published, not only will it move to the top of the playlist, but when i press "Play" in the widget or on a Bluetooth device or whatever, that podcast brings playing, and any in progress podcast is paused and will be resumed after the high priority podcast finishes.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    crazydog115 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) responded  · 

You can already do this, by sorting your playlist by priority and then enabling Settings/Playlist/Play from the top.
    That way the app will always play the episode with the highest priority when the current one ends.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I'm with the OP. I simply want to have PA cue the first episode in the playlist rather than complete the current one and THEN play the first in the playlist. This would need to be turned off if an episode was currently playing.

• Julie Wills commented  · 

@crazydog115 It's possible to do what you want with intents, using Tasker or some other automation app. If you want a free one, Llama can probably do it.

The command you need is com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.playfirstepisode – Start playing the first episode in the playlist

... as documented at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/217903-how-to-control-podcast-addict-from-3rd-parties-app

It's not a complete in-app fix, but it's a workaround for what you're trying to do. (I have a shortcut on a homepage to do exactly that.)

HTH

• Anonymous commented  · 

I want some podcasts (my audiobooks) to alternate with others, but I want one podcast to always play immediately, overriding my manually arranged Playlist. Is this possible?

• crazydog115 commented  · 

That doesn't do exactly what I want though. The higher property episode is added to the top of the playlist, but when i hit play in the widget, the currently in progress podcast continues.

I'd like the lower priority podcast to be immediately interrupted by the higher priority one, when it is added to the playlist.

Feedback and Knowledge Base