I suggest you ...

Pause on Volume=0

Some music player apps will pause when volume is reduced to 0, and resume playback when the volume is increased. This is the best feature ever.

218 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe Mintzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m using PA with Android Auto and so I have a very limited set of controls on my steering wheel to control PA. Right now when I want to pause playback when I’m driving I have to go the Android Auto Display, look for and push the switch from map mode to playback mode, then look for and push the pause button - which can be somewhat distracting. On my steering wheel I don’t have a pause button, but I do have a mute button, so it would be great if there was a setting in PA that permitted me to optionally pause the playback when the volume is muted so I don’t have to be distracted when I’m driving and I want to pause the playback. I think this is the same as volume=0, correct?

• RyaRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this completely. Additional piece to this would be an alert that says "It appears that your volume is muted. Please turn up your volume to resume playback." Type of thing. Not as a true alert window, but just one of those things at the bottom of the screen.

• Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way I connect my phone to my hearing aid has no pause control that I can use. This would be a great workaround.

Feedback and Knowledge Base