I suggest you ...

Add a Download Manager

Add a download manager to follow the download progress.
Allow parallel downloads, pause/resume, reordering, ...

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) responded  · 

The next version will allow to reorder downloads and to pause/resume them.
    A first beta will be soon available

Concurrent downloads will be added in a future release

Since v3.27 the download manager as been improved and now displays an ‘error’ tab that will allow you to see a list of the past download failures, allowing you to retry the downloads without having to remember the episodes that failed to download in the first place

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous
        Please send me an email in case you have a question so I can help (Settings/Feedback)
        Only downloaded files can be deleted. The episode articles cannot be deleted. You can mark them as played and then hide played content by pressing on the toolbar 'eye' button
        Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

despite requesting to delete episodes after listening, and deleting specific podcasts, they remain in the lineup and available to listen.
        What am I missing?

• Glen Barney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reordering downloads sounds like it would help with the auto-delete issue I emailed about. Side request for this project: Can the "target area" for the "Download" button be widened out a bit? In list mode the little icon has a small target area - and in grid mode it's non-existent - whereas the bulk of the area just goes to the "Description" activity. Having a bit more room to start downloads quickly would make the UI easier to use when starting a bunch of downloads in a specific order by hand. In list mode maybe it could be the right 1/3 or 1/4th of the column, and perhaps it could be added to one quarter of the grid mode area, making tap-to-download faster and easier? Just a thought, since you're in there now...

• Viktor Papara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First, thanks for the download manager. It looks good and I really like the feature that you can pause a download and resume it later instead of starting it all over again!

And like some other guys here, I would really appreciate a parallel download. I download episodes manually, when I'm on a good wifi. And it is very frustrating to see a slow server delaying the whole download queue.

But it is not high priority for me. If it's hard to implement, you should not waste too much time on it.

This Suspend/Resume/Reorder feature will be really helpful when I want to download many items over mobile network.

Could you please add an internal, to the program, down load accelerator to take advantage of extra bandwidth, you know, multiple down load connections per a single file or multipke files? Akso, could you make it so that it could be disabled, too? That would be cool, thanks.

Parallel downloads would be amazing, some servers are quite slow, and I only rarely have fast internet, so I want download as much as humanly possible when I do have proper internet.

• Stéphane Poulin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to enable 3G download on a spécific podcast épisode without énabling for all and regardeless of the current download queue...

• Guy M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to mark episodes for delayed download, and then trigger batch download when I'm on fast WiFi.

• Steven Bunker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With feature to download files from a URL to a virtual podcast folder. I often have to download audio files for lectures (that aren't podcasts) and my download folder is set up as a virtual podcast. If your download manager would do that for me it'd be awesome!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pause/resume would be helpful for me. Twice now I've queued up a long list of podcasts and soon after had to leave a wifi connection so had to cancel them and later select them all again. I don't see any way to save a list of podcasts to be downloaded?

• bwicked commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

show d/l speed and add priority to each d/l that will allocate bandwidth accordingly

Also the option to set automatic or manual download for each individual podcast. Some podcasts you want them all but some you want only certain episodes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base