General

1. Suggestion: filter option "show only listended episodes"

Suggestion: add a filter option to the "downloaded episodes" tab: "show only listended episodes". Right now I can filter for "show listened episodes" and "hide listened episodes" --> Since I need to watch disk space on my SD card I have to delete episodes that I have already listened to within the last weeks. Every time I do this I have to scroll through the whole list of listened and unlistened episodes and filter them "manually" in my head. The new filter function would allow a much faster deletion process in order to save SD disk space

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can press on the toolbar ‘eye’ button to toggle the display of played episodes.
    You can also use the downloaded episodes option menu called “Delete played content” to delete all played episodes at once.
    Feel free to send me an email if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

2. Swipe notification to close it

Possibility to close the player notification, when paused, by swiping it instead of clicking the X.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The only way to do this is to first exclude the app from the device-optimized apps list to prevent the device from killing it in the background.
    After that, you’ll be able to swipe away the player notification when it’s paused.
    Feel free to send me an email if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

3. Selection of podcasts to playlist

In the podcast screen it is possible to select one podcast and to add all episodes of it to the playlist. Would be nice to have the possibility to do this with more than one podcast, with all marked podcasts

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add one episode or a selection of episodes to the audio playlist. You can also long press on a podcast on the app main screen and add every episode to the playlist. Feel free to send me an email if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

4. Allow users to update podcasts from the play list view.

I use the play list view a lot and it would be helpful to simply update all podcast feeds from that view. Either by a button or drag down to refresh.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. $$ monthly subscription / abonnement mensuel $$

I would be agree to pay monthly subscription that can be shared to podcasters by listening time.The budget is determined by the user and there is a possibility to opt-out some podcasts that we dont want to support.

Je serais d'accord pour payer un abonnement mensuel à PodcastAddict qui serait ensuite partagé en fonction du temps d'écoute aux podcast que j'ai écouté dans le mois.Un peu le meme principe que flattr, mais plus j'ai de minutes passée à l'écoute d'un podcast, plus sa part serait grande.

le budget serait déterminé par l'utilisateur et il y aurait possibilité d'exclure certains podcast…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but that’s not possible. With more than 1M podcast available this would require contact with every podcast for this.
    Sorry but this will not be implemented.
    Flattr had some nice thing going on but I had to remove Flattr support as they were deprecating their API and not providing any support

8. Show last played episode when app started

When I open the app, most of the time I just want to continue listening to the episode I was listening to last time. It would be great to redesign the start page to show last played episode with regular control buttons, Instead of podcast stations list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can see the last played unfinished episode at the bottom of the opening screen. You can press on the play button to resume playback and/or play on the banner to open the player screen.
    Igf you prefer you can open the app using the app Widget called ‘Opening screen’
    This widget allows you to open the app on the screen of your choice

Thanks

9. Swipe the podcast toward left (or right) to delete it, in the "downloaded episodes" section

Swipe the podcast toward left (or right) to delete it, in the "downloaded episodes" section

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please change dragging episodes around back to the way it used to be

Ever since the latest update, it's impossible to move episodes around. Please change back!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Return to previous features...

The newest update makes it way too slow to move newer episodes on the bottom to a higher part of the list.

Also looks like the main screen has larger grids so fits less podcasts on the screen. Maybe have customizable grid system?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Android Auto: Pressing play on new podcast doesn't auto add to Playlist

In the App, I have it set up to where whenever I hit play on a new podcast, it will automatically add it to the Audio Playlist (which I have sorted according to podcast priority). This doesn't behave the same way when I am using Android Auto. Nothing gets added to the Audio Playlist when I hit Play on a podcast, while in Android Auto.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. regression for playlist organization

Hello,

Thank you for the app! :) It's great! I love it! :)

Recently I've been using the latest version of the app v2020.6d (build 20121), and manipulating the Playlist is much more harder then before.

Manipulating the Playlist was a bliss before this update.
    I'm one of those persons that has ~900 episodes queued in my Playlist, and I usually add recent episodes at the bottom, and then I reorder them, and I build at the top an order of episodes that I download to listen for the current day.

Specifically before:
    * it was very easy and very…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix the bug for kindle fire where podcasts from gimlet and slate do not play and have a 404 error

There is a bug for playback for shows from gimlet and slate on kindle fires

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bouger les podcasts

J'aimerai bien qu'on puisse bouger les podcasts de l'acceuil, ceux qu'on suit.

Juste en restant appuyer et hop en pouvant les déplacer facilement dans la foulée car l'app me dit de chercher je ne sais quoi dans les paramètres et c'est trop compliqué.

Donc intégrer ça serais top 🔥🙏

Et lorsqu'on écoute un podcast, qu'il parte juste dans un historique, mais qu'il ne s'affiche pas en gros sur l'acceuil.

On a tous nos podcasts sous forme de gros carré et c'est top.

Mais des qu'on va découvrir de nouveaux podcasts l'image s'ajoute sur l'acceuil et c'est dommage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

La derniere version de l’app permet de reordonner les podcasts
    Lorsque tu ajoute du contenu dans l’app celui ci apparait dans l’ecran principal. C’est la seule facon que tu as de controller ce contenu pour l’ecouter, ou le supprimer

16. Lecture continue

Super appli, bravo !
    J'aimerais pouvoir lire plusieurs épisodes d'un podcast en continu, sans devoir resélectionner manuellement un nouvel épisode lorsque la lecture du précédent est terminée. L'ordre de lecture pourrait être du plus ancien au plus récent. Ce serait hyper pratique pour les podcasts courts, comme " la revue de presque" de Cantelou sur Europe 1.
    Merci !!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase podcast tempo not just speed.

I like to listen at 1.5 speed. It would be great to be able to pitch shift so high speed playback doesn't sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filter word "like" from a podcast

Lately, more podcasts I am listening to started recording shows from home. These are Americans doing the podcast and the use of word "like" as a filler is getting annoying. Can we make Addict filter words out?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. SSLHandshakeException for one of podcasts

There's a russian podcast called linkmeup. It's RSS link is the following:
    https://linkmeup.ru/rss/podcasts/
    However, I get mentioned SSLHandshakeException no matter if I use http or https (probably HSTS?).

Also I've noticed their certificate is issued by Let's Encrypt. Could it be the issue here?

I'm able to provide a log, but there's no site functionality to add a log file.

Should I publish its parts regarding said Exception?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This website is dedicated to new feature requests.
    In case of an issue, please send me an email instead so I can help (Settings/Feedback).
    Regarding the issue, it looks like your device doesn’t support this certificate.
    Is your device using android 4.x by any chance?

Thanks

20. Replace deprecated feed

Hello,

We recently published our podcast, Scorcast, on Soundcloud and Anchor. We have closed our soundcloud account and want to replace the registered feed on Podcast Addict.

Here is the new rss feed : https://anchor.fm/s/1359a3a4/podcast/rss

Thank you for your assistance !
    Kévin & All the team @Jeu.Video

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?