General

1. Manage podcasts that are loaded directly from a PC.

I have many podcasts that I have downloaded to my PC. They are not listed on iTunes, RSS, etc. I can download them to my phone and they end up in the Downloads file. I can use Podcast Addict to play them individually. But it would be nice to be able to use PA to organize them into a playlist. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can create virtual podcast in the app to handle the content of a folder as a podcast. Then you can play all those files in the playlist of your choice. Feel free to send me an email if you have a question (Settings/Feedback)

2. Changed the Sort option "reverse" to only reverse the podcast you are in, not all podcasts.

As title states. When you reverse the Sort of a podcast by publish date etc it reverses every podcast.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

By default, the podcast sorting mode is applied to every podcast. If you want every screen to use its own sorting mode please go into Settings/Display/Podcast and enable Custom sorting mode
    Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

3. Allow "refresh metadata" for virtual podcasts

When you have a podcast (in this case a virtual podcast), add option to refresh the metadata. This is not just "looking for new episodes", but "update title", etc. When I click "refresh", it simply looks for new episodes, but does not display any changed/corrected "titles".

NOTE: Would like to KEEP the watched status.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can select multiple episodes (or all of them) and use the Refresh from RSS feed option for this. The app will refresh the information based on the current file metadata. Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

4. Keep episode image when podcast has been watched

Maybe I missed a flag, but...

Whenever a podcast episode is finished/watched, the podcast image gets replaced by the generic podcast image, with the "check". Would like to keep the individual episode's image, but with the "check".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have a short "rewind/ back" option

Have a 10 sec back button to replay just a short segment. The fast back button or slider is too haphazard.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use the skip automatic rewind for this. However I don’t understand what the problem is with the rewind button. It just skips -15s. Please send me an email with more details so I can understand what the issue is (Setting/Feedback)
    Thanks

6. Add a rerun tag, similar to the trailer tag

Would love to filter out reruns of older episodes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but this is not possible for now. There’s a standard in the RSS feeds that allows podcasters to set a flag for trailers. There’s, unfortunately, nothing for rerun. So, first a standard needs to be created then it needs to be adopted.
    But most podcasters won’t want to adopt this because they want listeners to listen to the reruns, not to skip them ;)

7. SD Card. Automatic cleanup and episode deletion

Add the ability to manually delete episodes and automatic cleanup when storing files, particularly virtual podcasts, on a memory card outside of the app's folder. Apparently, this requires asking for permission to write to the memory card, like third-party file managers or other apps that allow you to create/delete files do, using Android Storage Access Framework.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bookmark "Direct Play"

Add the possibility to play a episode when a bookmark is selected (actually it does nothing, podcast must be "played" to active bookmark selection.
    Eventually add a time option to play the bookmark with delayed time before.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Notes for podcasts

Would be a nice feature to be able to keep a note as to how the story left off if time between episodes is too long and you don't need to re listen to episodes again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. create folder for episodes marked as played to unclutter Recent Episodes folder

If I have a couple of dozens of new episodes I may not necessarily want to play all of thenm. As I mark them "played", they still remain in Recent Episodes creating clutter over time. If you move the "Marked as Played" episodes to a dedicated folder, e.g., " Episodes Marked as Played" that'll make Recent Episodes folder more neat focused and friendly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to prevent download of repeat episodes if you've selected auto download of episodes

I do not believe there is an option to prevent the download of "re-runs" or repeat episodes when you have auto download selected for a podcast. Many podcasts repeat episodes to meet their schedule. I recognize that the repeated episodes may not match up perfectly with the original but an imperfect filter would be better than none.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to hide repeat episodes from view

Adding a filter to hide from view "re-runs" or repeat episodes similar to how you can hide fully listened to podcasts from the home screen. Many podcasts repeat episodes to meet their schedule but if you're a regular listener, or just want an easier way to see the universe of episode without the clutter, it's helpful to weed out the repeats.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have an option to see full episode description

Currently, it's possible to click on the "more" link at the end of a long episode description to go to the feed/website to read the full description. But for episodes with long descriptions, only the timestamps in the abbreviated description will be useable, or show up in the playback UI in Android Auto.

It would be great if the "more" button revealed the whole text of the description in-app, so all timestamps are accessible.

Also it'd just be generally helpful for ease of use to not be directed to another app to read the whole description.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. syncroniser podcasts lu et non lu entre plusieurs appareils

Quand on utilise l'application sur plusieurs appareils on ne sait pas quels épisodes ont été lu sur l'autre appareil. Il faudrait que lorsque un épisode est lu sur un appareil, il sois marque comme lu sur l'autre appareil également.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Podcast takes a long time to start playing after hitting play

I usually hit play from the widget to resume a already downloaded podcast. Most times it takes 20-30 seconds for the podcast to start playing. After hitting play if I open the app it'll show the podcast that I'm listening to but the progress bar doesn't appear until the song finally starts playing. Been happening for months now.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I’m guessing you’re streaming your episode so it depends on the speed of your internet connection. If you play episodes that are already downloaded it will start playing right away.
    Please to report an issue use the Contact support button on this website. Current section is for asking new features.

Thx

Xavier

16. Show which have been downloaded

On the Podcast menu i can see the total available ( even if my default dowbload is 5) and I can see if they're downloading or not, but not how many that have already been downloaded and how many read

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow video podcasts to be played as audio only (if desired)

what if you can't play the video due to an internal error or something, podcast addict skips it and goes to the next one in the playlist. by doing this you missed the video. there should be an option to play the audio of the video that has already been downloaded. The audio is much better than not podcast at all.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already pkay video podcast in the background. Just make sure you disabled video foreground playback in settings/player. But in your case it won’t help you if the app fails to play the file. Please open a ticket with app version, android version, device, feed URL and episode name using the contact support button.

Thanks

18. allow video podcasts to be played as audio only (if desired)

what if you just want to listen to a certain video podcast. or a show has audio and video episodes but you can't watch the video? podcast addict skips the video podcasts that can't be view. i suggest you let users opt to turn video podcasts to be played as audio.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can already do that. Just make sure you disabled video playback in foreground only in Settings/player then you can start playing video content and switch off your screen or do something else and the playback will remain on in the background.

19. Optimize the internal player.

Other apps and games like temple run and subway surfers lag a lot when a podcast is playing but have no problem while using a external player. Using an external player is not reliable as it doesn't have the necessary options such as sleep timer, 30sec skip etc.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app uses your device build in player. If you enabled variable playback speed the app will use some CPU for the real time sound processing so other apps requiring a lot of CPU resources might lag. In that case you will have to disable the app audio effects

20. Bug, when overriding podcast category

Bug, when overriding podcast category,if you press the x button to clear the text box, the text box disappears

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature requests. Use the Contact support button or the dedicated bug report form instead (Settings/Feedback/Report a bug)

Regarding the ‘issue’, this is the intended behavior. The X is supposed to remove the category, not clear the text content. You can then press the + button in the actionbar to add new categories

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base