General

1. Add a "see only unplayed" filter.

Add an option to filter eps in a podcast by unplayed - you can see played, not downloaded, etc, but not filter only unplayed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BBC radio content not playing anymore

Over the past month or two the BBC radio stations have stopped working through the app. I know get ‘unrecognised input format exception’ none of the available extractors could read the stream. Can this be rectified??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to start playing at a given time

I would love to use podcast addict as my alarm clock. I'd like to be able to set a time (and a volume?) when it should start playing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Not played

You have a filter for ALREADY played. Can we get one for NOT played?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to search and add Spotify podcasts

I am not able to find some Spotify Podcasts. I hope in the future your app will be able to reach these as you already access the ITunes ones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re referring to Spotify exclusive content, then that won’t be possible as those are not podcasts.
    The app allow you to subscribe to any existing podcast using their RSS feed, however audio content not providing a RSS feed is NOT a podcast and won’t be available in any other app. This is the case for the hosting platform Mixcloud, or Spotify exclusive content

6. allow setting of the default home screen...

specifically, I want "downloads" as my default home screen when I'm walking/driving/etc so that I can most easily select the next item in my list. It's rare I want to go to the podcast list until I need to download more things.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set a 'Consider Podcast Played' remaining time/percentage threshold

I usually skip the last couple of minutes of a podcast, which may either be jingles or commercials. Currently it seems these are not flagged as 'played', which breaks my imagined optimal routine.

To be able to set a (remaining) time or percentage threshold (both globally or podcast specific) for when thr episode should be considered played would be very useful to me.

Much obliged, love your app :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can long press on the player next episode button to skip to the next episode while marking the current one as played. You can also set the app to skip the last xx seconds of the podcast. You can do this from the podcast custom settings by using the skip outro feature

8. When adding new downloads to the playlist, append then below the podcasts last podcast, instead at the end

It would be great to add new items directly below (group by) each podcast.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. filter episode based on duration

I always look at an episode duration before listening to it. If it is too short (usually 30 min) I discard it systematically.
    So, I would find it very useful to be able to filter out/hide short episodes.

I have seen a similar idea being declined in the past because apparently the duration is not completely reliable. Even though this is the case, I wouldn't care wrongly hiding some episodes as concretely I always have too many long ones to listen to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can open the podcast custom settings and then go into filter to use the Duration filter.
    However this will only apply to future published episodes. The app will only retrieve and display the episodes complying with your filters
    Feel free to send me an email if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

11. Add HTTP referer option to feed options

Allow to add HTTP referer option as some feeds requires clicking from own site to access the mp3

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Donate link rel=payment from shownotes

Other podcatchers (like overcast) support a $-Link generated from shownotes.

Example:
    <a href="anylinktodonate" rel="payment">Some text</a> will enable a Button in the player which just opens the browser.

Reference:
    https://overcast.fm/podcasterinfo -> Payment button

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Save state

Android support just made me reset my phone. Now everything here is gone. It's unbearable, and the effort to reconstruct everything will be immense. I know it should be a small thing, but I feel like my day is ruined. Why why why is the app state not backed up somewhere?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. View Podcast episode description in the playlist option

It would be nice to be able to view the episode description of the particular podcasts that are displayed on the playlist. Presently the only way to do this is to return to the main pod cast list and search for the episode to see its description.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Choose the shortcuts on Android

There are already some shortcuts when you press and hold the Podcast Addict Icon on Android, such as "Recent Episodes, Playlist, Radio Stations and Search Engine". But will be nice if we be able to change this shortcuts, for example, put the "Downloaded Episodes" on shortcut list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add a feature to leave reviews for podcasts.

It would be a great improvement to this app, which is already phenomenal. The ability to review podcasts would encourage smaller podcasters to produce more podcasts and would encourage them to recommend this app to future pidcasters
    win / win

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To search should have a filter by country

It would be better to search. If I filter by language I will have a lot of things that isn't from my country, and will be difficult to find what I want

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shift image on tv when chromecastinv

It was hinted at before but moving the image on the TV when chromcasting would be nice instead of a static image with a progress bar.

This would help prevent burn in on the TV, Google play music switches from full screen to a small box that occationally changes place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove the custom playlist

Isn't every playlist a custom playlist? Why can't I disable "custom playlist"?

It randomly populates a list and then plays off of that list even if I'm playing an episode I intentionally put in the playlist I actually want.
    Honestly the custom playlist seems like a result of over thinking and its incredibly annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please take a look at the FAQ to see how the custom playlist works (Settings/FAQs)
    You will then see that there’s nothing random with this tab content
    If you don’t want to use it you can disable the continuous playback mode from the app Settings/Playlist screen

Thanks

20. Podcast Addict seems to use a lot of RAM

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge w/4 GB. Podcast Addict uses far more RAM than any other app I've observed, typically between 850 MB to 1 GB consistently. Why does the app need to use that much RAM?
    It's my favorite podcast app and I dont want to stop using it. I've been trying to figure out which app seems to bog down my phone most, or most often, and I think Podcast Addict is the culprit. Could there be a lower performance mode for older phones?
    I've disabled all automatic downloads, and I'm not necessarily looking at RAM use…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Android only gives app access to a fraction of the RAM available on the device. Apps can then use all the allowed RAM as they want to.
    The most RAM allowed I saw was 512MB per application on a 6GB RAM device
    What you’re describing (850MB or 1GB RAM usage) looks like a serious ROM bug as not a single app should be allowed to use that much RAM.
    The app itself will use as much RAM as possible to cache data and make everything works faster, then every time the device tells apps the available resources are getting low, apps have to free some RAM or they will get killed. This is is how Android handle the resources and RAM usage.
    Hopefully a ROM update will soon fix this bug

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base