Skip to content

General

2336 results found

1. Add Advanced search options. Specifically an exact phrase option

I've found search results inconsistent even when sorting according to relevance. Some of the episodes that matched my search exactly were lower down than those results that didn't match exactly

Amazing app!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Podcast searches should match partial words, for example "freak" should find "freakonomics"

When searching for a podcast to subscribe to, "freak" should find "freakonomics". The first use case is so save time, the second use case is that a title like this (with a made up word) might be hard for some people to spell.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Freakonomics will match here BUT, it will have a lower scrore than the other podcasts using the word freak, therefore it might be push up so low in the list that it won't be visible. You can switch to the Apple podcast search engine in the app if you prefer a different behavior

3. virtual audiobook: cover being overwritten

virtual audiobook: cover being overwritten with the folder cover when (marked) finished, so different files in a folder end up with the same cover; option to disable cover change when audiobook finished?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Quick Persistent Chapter mute

When you hold a chapters mute icon it adds or removes it from the filter list for that podcast. A color change to indicate one time vs persistent mute would also be nice.

Thank you for your wonderful work.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to hide repeat episodes from view

Adding a filter to hide from view "re-runs" or repeat episodes similar to how you can hide fully listened to podcasts from the home screen. Many podcasts repeat episodes to meet their schedule but if you're a regular listener, or just want an easier way to see the universe of episode without the clutter, it's helpful to weed out the repeats.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to prevent download of repeat episodes if you've selected auto download of episodes

I do not believe there is an option to prevent the download of "re-runs" or repeat episodes when you have auto download selected for a podcast. Many podcasts repeat episodes to meet their schedule. I recognize that the repeated episodes may not match up perfectly with the original but an imperfect filter would be better than none.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it possible to remove the recent episode from every screen

Good god, man. How do I remove the super-annoying, attention stealing, animated, scrolling most recent episode that I am completely done with, from the bottom of every screen in the whole app?!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Offer Ad Free Version for Patrons on Patreon

I'm trying to move off of Google products as much as possible, and would love it if Podcast Addict was available ad-free for Patrons on Patreon.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Episode order should follow download order

Some podcasts must be listened to in publication order (E.g. "History of the English Language). Most others, you can hear the latest first. While PA has a feature to download in either order, the sort order for episodes is always the same across podcasts.

This is exacerbated on Android Auto when, using the default sort order, I'm scrolling scrolling scrolling in the freeway trying to get to episode 15 of 150 in the History podcast. (but I don't want to switch the default sort order, which is great for most of my other podcasts).

Simply having display order and download…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Playback order is controlled in the playlist screen. You can either order episodes manually or select the order of your choice. This will apply when you listen with your phone or through Android Auto. Feel free to send me an email if you have a question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

10. create folder for episodes marked as played to unclutter Recent Episodes folder

If I have a couple of dozens of new episodes I may not necessarily want to play all of thenm. As I mark them "played", they still remain in Recent Episodes creating clutter over time. If you move the "Marked as Played" episodes to a dedicated folder, e.g., " Episodes Marked as Played" that'll make Recent Episodes folder more neat focused and friendly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shuffle button for selected podcasts and episodes

Not all podcasts are sequential. I would like the ability to shuffle episodes in selected podcasts so I can listen to a random episode among those that are not sequential.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can enable the Shuffle button in Settings/Player/Controls, then you can toggle it at any time in the player screen to shuffle the current playlist. Feel free to contact me if you have any question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

12. Notes for podcasts

Would be a nice feature to be able to keep a note as to how the story left off if time between episodes is too long and you don't need to re listen to episodes again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bookmark "Direct Play"

Add the possibility to play a episode when a bookmark is selected (actually it does nothing, podcast must be "played" to active bookmark selection.
    Eventually add a time option to play the bookmark with delayed time before.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add rules to download or not episodes

In the feed podcast of the RMC radio for exemple there is the full emission during 3 hours more 1 episode for the first hour and this for the second hour and this for the third and the chronique of X etc..
    It would be great to have rules like (do not)/download episode only if longer/shorter Than X minutes
    Download only if bigger than X Mo.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please go into the podcats Custom settings screen and then use the filter feature. You can exclude podcasts based on keywords, size,m duration, … Feel free to send me an email if you have a question (Settings/Feedback)
    Thanks

15. Add No Phony Podcast Network to your list of networks

No Phony Podcast Network is an independent group of podcasts that provide a broad range of shows. We support each other through technical help and cross promotion. We would like recognition on Podcast Addict as a network. nophonynetwork.com

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately the podcasts from this network are not using a similar name in the author field and there’s no way to automatically identify those podcasts are being part of this network. The only way I can add a new network is if I can set rules to automatically identify podcasts as being part of this network

16. SD Card. Automatic cleanup and episode deletion

Add the ability to manually delete episodes and automatic cleanup when storing files, particularly virtual podcasts, on a memory card outside of the app's folder. Apparently, this requires asking for permission to write to the memory card, like third-party file managers or other apps that allow you to create/delete files do, using Android Storage Access Framework.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include Fable and Folly in your Network Listing

Please consider adding Fable and Folly to your Network section as we have a ton of great audio fiction shows from Alba Salix to The Amelia Project, We Fix Space Junk, Marsfall and more!

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately the podcasts from this network are not using a similar name in the author field and there’s no way to automatically identify those podcasts are being part of this network. The only way I can add a new network is if I can set rules to automatically identify podcasts as being part of this network

18. Dernier écouté

Dans la liste tous les podcasts, pouvoir trier par «derniers podcasts écoutés».
    Parce que des fois, ça reste allumé dans mon sac et je loupe des podcasts, seulement, j'en écoute tellement que pour retrouver ceux qui viennent juste de passer à la trappe, c'est compliqué.
    J'espère avoir été claire. Merci pour tout ce que vous faites.
    Bien à vous

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a rerun tag, similar to the trailer tag

Would love to filter out reruns of older episodes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but this is not possible for now. There’s a standard in the RSS feeds that allows podcasters to set a flag for trailers. There’s, unfortunately, nothing for rerun. So, first a standard needs to be created then it needs to be adopted.
    But most podcasters won’t want to adopt this because they want listeners to listen to the reruns, not to skip them ;)

20. Have a short "rewind/ back" option

Have a 10 sec back button to replay just a short segment. The fast back button or slider is too haphazard.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use the skip automatic rewind for this. However I don’t understand what the problem is with the rewind button. It just skips -15s. Please send me an email with more details so I can understand what the issue is (Setting/Feedback)
    Thanks

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base