General

1. Have "delete read episodes" show how many there are

I only delete episodes using this option and I usually do it when there's not enough storage space to download new episodes.

After the deletion is done, the number of deleted episodes is shown, which is great. Though, I would prefer to see the number before hitting that delete button, so that I can decide whether it's worth it.

(This piece of information could also be useful to guess how long the deletion would take:

• "Delete all read episodes(20 049)"

-- Ok, I now can expect this to take more than just a few seconds.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display MP3 ID3 metadata for Audiobooks

So maybe this is already a feature and I just can't figure out how to enable it, but it would be great if the ID3 "Comments" field were displayed in the player when listening to an Audiobook.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Changing the triple dot menu from a drop down menu to a left drawer

When you're using the player (and to a lesser extent, other screens), there are so many options on the triple for menu (store with check marks and sub menus) that it feels cluddered.
    If it was changed to a left drawer, then you could separate it into sections like: Audio (volume boost, mono, skip silence), Share, Podcast (episodes, description, rate, website)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Permit several virtual podcasts point the same folder

Permit more than one virtual podcast point to the same directory. So files can be discriminated by tag/name after that. Within the ivoox folder it will be useful to keep listening ivoox originals titles in your app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save a dynamic search (parameters and results)

Let's say I'm interested in podcasts related to someone in particular (e.g. the french writer Sylvain Tesson).
    I can run a one-shot search on "Sylvain Tesson". Fair enough. But I'll always be interested in fresh podcasts about him.
    Three possible improvements.
    First improvement: being able to save the search parameters, in a "search library", where I can easily run again a search.
    Second improvement: having the search results stored, in order to be able to see which podcasts are really new compared with the latest search.
    Third improvement: refreshing the search results when I refresh Podcast Addict main screen. Therefore,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add podcast customization on subscription

When I search and then subscribe to a podcast I want to be able to e.g. immediately add it to a category of my own. This is currently not possibleb(?). I need to switch back to the main screenn(home screen, podcasts), search the newly added one and then apply the customisation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow podcast-specific network setting override

I typically want to download only over WiFi. But sometimes, like when I'm traveling and might not have reliable WiFi, I still want to keep high-priority podcasts up to date. It would be nice if I could override my default network setting for specific podcasts only to allow syncing via mobile data, especially if it were coupled with a qualifier like "if not synced within X hours," so that it would automatically go into effect of I haven't been able to sync via WiFi recently.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change rewind and forward buttons design

I would love if you could change the design of rewind and forward buttons to make them look like in all podcast apps because the current buttons look like they are going to skip or return to a different episode.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Play until

Add an option to the long-press menu on an item in the playlist to only play the episodes from the top through the one selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please, let the app be able to work with alexa

I would be very appreciate if this app will be able to work with alexa.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When using the the sleep timer, give the user the option to NOT remove the completed episode from the play list. Just mark it completed.

I usually listen to an audio book with the sleep timer when trying to fall asleep. Sometimes my 20 minute timer gets me through 3 files and sometimes I don't complete any files. Either way, I have to go back and see what I remember hearing. It would be easier to do this if the completed files were kept on the play list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Google account sync

I would like to suggest to sync all data (list of podcasts, etc...) In a Google account in cloud. It's much better than maintain this data locally in the cell phone and in case of cell phone change it will be much easier to re install the app and all data

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Blur podcast art before downsizing it to various sizes

Podcast episode art containing high frequency information is subject to aliasing, which causes splotchy patterns in the thumbnails displayed in the episode lists and next to the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. (E.g. the crosshatch pattern on "The Weeds" by Vox)

I suggest you blur the images with a rect or gaussian filter before downsampling to reduce aliasing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Filter subscribed list by language

I would like to be able to filter my subscribed list by language, in the same way you can by category.

I speak multiple languages and practice a different one each day depending on my mood. In each language i have dozens of podcasts in my subscribed list.

Filtering by language is possible when searching for new podcasts but not within your subscribed list.

A workaround is to manually create a category for each language and edit each podcasts categories to add it to the right language, but this is cumbersome and needs to be reheated for each new podcast…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a way to re-sync the history of a (YouTube) channel

I've got several YouTube feed subscriptions that I've noticed that for whatever reason are missing some old episodes that are now available on the YouTube channel. I'd like to be able to trigger a full sync to find missing episodes, not just episodes since the most recent episode or the first page of episodes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make storage folder names match the podcast title

Downloaded podcasts are currently sometimes placed into storage folders with seemingly random names. Please make it so the storage folders are consistently named after the title of the podcast so that the storage is easier to browse and manage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Random with ...

I would like an option to randomise with some options, ex: random podcast with the older emissions, the shorter emissions, random emissions of the last 7 days

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Swipe to mark as played for youtube feeds or just feeds in general

Swipe to mark episodes within a feed or videos within a YouTube feed as played

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Smart Alternation option in playlist

Add an additional option for when Alternate podcasts is checked on a playlist so that it will only alternate when a podcast would have multiple episodes in a row. For example something like
    A
    A
    A
    B
    A
    B
    C
    Would become
    A
    B
    A
    B