General

1. Statistic that shows average hours of podcasts released per day/week/month (to help addicts from not subscribing to too many podcasts)

Quick background: Over the years I've accumulated dozens of podcast subscriptions. With changes to my available listening time I still tried to be a completionist and listen to all episodes. After I made some quick calculations I realized that there aren't enough hours in a day to accomplish that, which helped me make decisions about what shows had to go.

This feature could also help with the decision whether to add new podcasts to your feed.

To calculate the length of published episodes over a week it might be sufficient to average over just a few weeks to give a…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic playlist: New episodes only

Automatic playlist options are "downloaded episodes only" and "every episode". "Every episode" includes both downloaded episodes and new episodes.

I wish to enqueue new episodes only. Often I'll go into a podcast and download a dozen old episodes. I don't want those added to the playlist automatically, but I do want new episodes from that podcast to be automatic.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Extend podcasts view with priority

Currently, editing the podcasts priority is a chore, it would be a lot simpler if I could admin this from the podcast view, both by editing/adding priorities and, most importantly, dragging podcasts between priorities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sonos support and custom download dir podcast based

Having a lot of podcasts episodes in my library and a Sonos system, I would like to be able to publish to /storage/emulated/0/Podcasts/ only some of them, using custom download settings per podcast.

In this way only part of my Podcast library will be available for Sonos App and only part of my library will be on limited internal memory of my Android Phone. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Easy access to episode list from playback screen

It would be nice with a button on the playback screen that took me to the episode list for that podcast. (If the back button did the same that would be awesome)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop button on widget option

Hi - Great app! Thank you. Widget settings has options to turn certain buttons (fast forward etc) on and off. I'd like to be able to stop (not just pause) playing radio from the widget. If the Stop button could please be included as an option on the widget. Thank for considering =)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Send a request to download a podcast from computer to phone app

Would it be possible to have a way (through a browser extension, a dedicated email adress, a little plateforme, ... whatever) to send a request to the Podcast Addict app on our phone to download a podcast from a computer ?

Here is the user story : I listen to podcasts a lot when I'm working on my computer. I usually hear some podcast recommandations. It's rather easy to find on the web the rss link to the recommanded podcast. Whereas it's still longer to get to the phone, open the podcast addict app, launch a research, browse in the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a Home shortcut option to the widget

Just a simple idea of having a button available on the Widget to take you to the main podcast screen, as well as the playlist and downloads that are there now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. modify "download date" sort to be "short date (day only)", or add "short download date (day only)" sort option

when i use the "download date" option to sort my playlist they are played in the same order i downloaded them, seemingly because the download date includes exact time of the download. this is a problem because i would also like to apply other sorts to the playlist.

in my specific case i want to sort by: download date (day only) > short publication date (old -> new) > name. but because each download date is different the publication and name sorts are never used and my playlist is played in the order i downloaded the episodes rather than an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Subscribe without appearing under recent episodes.

Be able to subscribe to a podcast without having it appearing under "recent episodes" playlist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Creating groups in playlist

The idea is to be able to "link" selected episodes in a group in the playlist screen.

When you rearrange part of or all your playlist, these episodes stay in a block without losing their reorder. You can also move them together.
    It would benefit episodical podcasts especially.

Additional idea : have the possibility to collapse this group to have a less cluttery playlist.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Setting to Remove the "Previous" and "Next Track" Buttons from Podcast Interface

When listening to Podcasts, the Skip a few seconds back a and forward are really helpful. But it's too easy to hit the "Previous" and "Next Track" buttons by mistake! That's probably why PocketCast doesn't have those, among others.

For users like me, it would be fabulous to have a setting to remove those from the interface.

Thanks in advance for considering it!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow disabling suggestions.

I would like to be able to disable the suggestions on the new podcast page. I never find them relevant, and always already have a podcast I am interested in finding ahead of time. I, in particular, find the hash tag suggestions on the search page very toxic.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. (optionally) Add audio ad's between playlist podcasts.

(optionally) Add audio ad's between playlist podcasts. In the interest of supporting the app.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Seniority

Would it be possible to know (and see appear in the settings) our "customer date", date of our first download of podcast addict ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Complete statistics

It would be nice if we could have access to the statistics of listening before 2018. Would it be possible to have the totals of the previous years, even without details?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Classify podcasts by subscription date

Classify podcasts by subscription date. To find out which ones we are most loyal to, but especially to know quickly which are the last subscriptions added.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. option de modification de la taille de mémoire en streaming

Bonjour,
    avoir une option qui permet de modifier la taille de la mise en mémoire pendant une lecture en streaming pour une utilisation avec android auto.
    Quand on habite en campagne, la réception des données n'est pas toujours possible ce qui permettrait de ne pas avoir de coupures de lecture.

Bonne journée à tous

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories