General

1. Enlarge Episodes Artwork

Is possibile enlarge the episodes artwork, to tale all the display width?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share at current location

I'd like to be able to share a podcast with the link to the current listening position. It may be a long podcast with lots of topics covered. I'd like to share at a particular point so the receiver can immediately reference the point you were thinking deeply about.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a slider to adjust blurred artwork of the player background

Please could you add a slider (or even radio buttons) to adjust the blurred artwork of the player background?

I prefer using the blurred artwork option over the solid colour option; I prefer things to not be too blurred and I'd imagine that there are people that like it even more blurred than the standard option. A customisable option would be a nice quality of life change for me.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Exception for episode download only WiFi

When general option download only with WiFi is activo, it is possible to add Podcasts by Podcast an exception to download a specific Podcast on all networks.

Quand l'option général téléchargement seulement en WiFi est activé, serait t'il possible d'ajouter Podcasts par Podcast une exception pour télécharger un Podcast spécifique sur tous les réseaux.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include an option to sort/view podcast by number of subscribers

When I want to check new podcasts to subscribe to, there are options of top Audio, top video but not most popular or most subscribed. Please add an option for most subscribed so that we could add most popular podcasts to our library.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New playlist sorting rule and features

Hi, I would like to suggest some new playlist sorting options and new features. I would like to be able to sort podcast episodes that are longer or shorter than a certain amount of time, ie: if duration lower than 30min put those episodes higher in the list and the rest lower, then any other sorting rule could take place after. One new feature I came up with is to disable an episode from being played without removing it from playslist. Sometimes you get an spoiler episode that you'd like to listen later, but you don't want to remove it…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the play button size in portrait mode adjustable

It would be nice if we had a setting to change the size of the play button size in portrait mode. I find myself missing the button when I'm at work and am trying to be fast or have it in the dock in the car.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a setting so I can auto-download only those episodes of podcast so-and-so that are X minutes or shorter.

Some podcasts (example: Glenn Beck) have taken to including both full length and condensed versions of a show in the same RSS feed; and then some shows just don't keep to a predictable length. In both cases it would be useful to auto-download the short episodes and just skip the too-long ones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have "Mark Played on deletion" also add episode Playback History

Enhance the Automatic cleanup function "Mark Played on deletion" to also mark the episode as playback completed or whatever status is needed so that the episode will appear in the Playback History list. Manually deleting the file from the playlist (trash can) pretty much indicates the intention of completeness and desire to let it pass into history.

As it is currently my history is patchy if I skip the credits at the end of episodes. I usually do the skip from my Bluetooth earbuds so the long press Skip is not available.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. play in chronological order, regardless of display ordering

It is a very common request to be able to play podcasts chronologically, and this can be achieved by sorting old->new.

I specifically want to keep the sort order new -> old, while playing episodes chronologically.

The reason for this is simple and a common use case: I want to be able to click on the podcast and right away see the latest, up-to-date episode, and if I'm interested, I play it right away.

Else I go into 'historical catch-up mode' and want to start with the oldest uplayed episode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add an option to "favorite" the current episode on the widget bar

It would be very helpful to be able to save an episode for later, either because I want to listen to it again, or so that I can easily look up the description later, since I often listen while I'm driving, or mowing, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. La fonction recherche devrait ignorer les accents

Bonjour,
    Je viens de m'apercevoir que la recherche dans les abonnement tient compte des accents.
    Par exemple"geo" (sans accent sur le "e") ne permet pas de retrouver le podcast "géopolitique"
    Je pense que ça serait appréciable pour les utilisateurs que les accents soient ignorés.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Filter Recent Episodes by Category

In the Recent Episodes section we can choose to filter new episodes either by Podcast name(individual podcasts) or All Podcasts. It would be really nice if we could filter new episodes by Category. For e.g. I do not want my Audiobook chapters to show up as new episodes. Right now I cannot create a category called say "not Audiobook" add all the regular podcasts to it and filter using that. That would be really helpful. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sort podcast by newest unfinished

so when i hear a new podcast and finish them it goes to the end of the list. So we have only the newest not finished on top of the podcast list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Listening stats should include podcasts not subscribed to

Sometimes I like to go search for podcasts and listen to an episode or two to see if I like it or not. The listening stats should include this time. Maybe keep the Subscribed podcasts broken out as they currently are, but put all the Unsubscribed podcasts I've listened to in their own bar or something. Then if I Unsubscribe from a dead podcast I don't lose My listening stats.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide easy reordering of category playlists

Allow category playlists to be rearranged the same way as the Audio playlist - that is with handle to drag the episode's around. I can currently accomplish any arrangement I want with lots of multiple select + Move To Top/Bottom, but it's really tedious to make small adjustments.

I'm aware that reordering in category lists is ephemeral since the lists refresh every time new episodes are downloaded. Even so, I do it all the time and I'd just like it to be a little easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add an episode menu option to open the episode's feed

I frequently want to see the other episodes in a feed when I'm listening to one or thinking about listening to one. It would be great to be able to open an episode's feed directly from an episode in a playlist. There is a many-touch way to get there, but it would be great to have Open Feed (or similar) in the episode menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. NewPipe

Youtube's ToS do not allow to download their content directly under the threat of a ban. However there could be a workaround. There's an excellent app out there called the NewPipe. It allows to download the YT videos (and even the extracted audio) through the "Share" button on YT itself. My request is to integrate the option to "Share" the YT videos in RSS subscriptions of PA to NewPipe if such app is present on one's device.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make bookmarks searchable

For ex, say you want to study a particular subject you've identified by keywords in your bookmarks, like "wayfair gate" and would like to create a Playlist based on your bookmark search results. Either That or a way to customize multiple playlists which I don't possible currently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base