General

1. Add Pause / Resume / Rewind 5 Seconds option to Upon short audio notification setting

This setting would work just like the existing Pause / Resume option but it would also rewind 5 seconds on resume. This would be useful when doing something like navigating Google Maps. The notifications are often long enough that a quick refresher on what was just said in a podcast would be helpful.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chromecast-Support for local Files

Hi,
    I use your app to listen to audiobooks that I have saved locally. Unfortunately, the app does not support Chromecast Streaming for local files. That would be a great feature that I would like to see in the app. I very often use the Google Home Mini to stream podcasts via Chromecast with no problems. Unfortunately this just doesn't work for local files. The Vlc player supports this feature, so I hope that it is also technically possible for this app. Otherwise the app is great :)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Exception for episode download only WiFi

When general option download only with WiFi is activo, it is possible to add Podcasts by Podcast an exception to download a specific Podcast on all networks.

Quand l'option général téléchargement seulement en WiFi est activé, serait t'il possible d'ajouter Podcasts par Podcast une exception pour télécharger un Podcast spécifique sur tous les réseaux.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Move to Top When Played

An option to automatically move an episode to the top of the Playlist when played. I sporadically move through a long playlist and have multiple partially listened episodes at any given time. It would be nice for the "in progress" episodes to float to the top.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inverse wifi-filter

The existing wifi-filter requires to add each new WiFi network that is added. I would like to download on any WiFi network EXCEPT one specific one (metered). Could you add functionality to avoid downloading on selected WiFi networks? Thanks, amazing progress so far, long time apostle!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. integrate with Google Assistant/Home

I've noticed several popular asks for this over the past few years. Any chance this could be around the corner? I am a PA, um, addict, so I won't switch away. But I would love to use it easily and seamlessly with my Google devices. Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Android Auto: Control order of Menu Items

I would like the ability to move the Menu Items to a custom order while in Android Auto, or at least match what is in the App. Podcasts is first in the App, but further down in Android Auto.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add webhook and/or Zapier support

The automatic Twitter share feature is cool. I would like to be able to share all the episodes I listen or favourite into Zapier, so that I can then add them to a Google Spreadsheet and also to a custom RSS feed that I share with my friends.

For now my plan is to create a dedicated Twitter account and then use that with Podcast Addict. I will then configure Zapier to act based on new Tweets from that account. Works for me, but I guess others might appreciate something easier.

Thank you for all your work, this is such…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Select Chapters to play

Before playing an episode (or multiple episodes within a playlist), I'd like to be able to select which chapters within an episode to play (and which to skip). When wanting to skip selected chapters, I have to jump to the next chapter mark during playback in the moment, when a new chapter (I'd like to skip) begins. But in that moment I might have no hand free to do so. So I'd like a feature, that allows me to select the chapters to play (or the ones to skip) in beforehand. This could be implemented with checkboxes in the chapter…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make sure number of episodes is visible on screens like Recent episodes and Playback in progress

On these screens, the drop down menu at the top of the screen allows to filter the list to a certain podcast.

The podcasts are listed as "Podcast title (X)", where X is the number of episodes of that podcast in the list. To be clear, the "(X)" is not part of the podcast title, it is added by the app depending on what is being displayed.

However, when the podcast title is too long to fit on the screen, it gets cut off like "Extremely long podcast ti...". This hides the information of how many of those episodes are…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. List of 10 Possible Improvements to the App

Hey guys,

Below I have listed 10 possible improvements to the Podcast Addict App. It was honestly hard to find 10 areas of improvement since the app is already very complete. Some of these suggestions may actually have already been implemented - disregard in this case.

Feel free to use the following 10 ideas to make your great app even better:

1. Allow random play of episodes within one or all of a user’s podcasts

2. Have the settings option directly on the main menu

3. Allow sharing of the episodes through social media like whatsapp, etc.

4. Introduce the option to start an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. NewPipe

Youtube's ToS do not allow to download their content directly under the threat of a ban. However there could be a workaround. There's an excellent app out there called the NewPipe. It allows to download the YT videos (and even the extracted audio) through the "Share" button on YT itself. My request is to integrate the option to "Share" the YT videos in RSS subscriptions of PA to NewPipe if such app is present on one's device.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Failed update log

I have 400 podcasts and I update them once everyday at 6 in the morning.
    The times I have to listen during the day are usually sometime in the afternoon when I'm disconnected from the internet till I'm back home so I might be looking forward to a new update of a podcasts just to see some sort of error on that subscription (probably due to network connectivity).

Could a log for failed updates be included when doing general/overall synchronization?
    That way I can update what's left before I leave the house if I could see a log of what…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have a button to add a bookmark from the notification area.

It would be very useful when riding my bike to quickly highlight content I want to return to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple playlists

I would like to be able to create multiple regular playlists, where I select which episodes are added to each playlist and not add all episodes of a podcast like in the "custom" category. Also, it should be possible to remove the "video" playlist as I don't have a need for this, and I assume most people who listen to podcasts (while driving etc) also don't.

However, most importantly, I would like to be able to create multiple playlists (like one for listen to now, listen to when I have time, etc) where I am individually adding episodes, not complete…

609 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

EDIT: a 1st beta will be available by the end of the day.

FYI the Custom playlists will soon be improved.
    Filters will be available so the selected category can only show episodes based on their download status, played status, stared status, publication date, …
    I get it that some of you want multiple playlists were episodes can be manually added, but there’s no plan to implement this for now.
    However, according to the feedback I got by email, it looks like those filters will solve limitations of the current solution for most users.
    Feel free to send me some feedback by email if you have ideas for other filters that can be implemented (Settings/Feedback/Email)
    Thanks

17. Allow custom settings for widget buttons. Ex: I don't care at all about the playlist and just want to go to new episodes.

Allow the shortcut buttons on the widget to be custom mapped to any card in the app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a Bixby capsule for playing podcasts

I absolutely love podcast addict, but I use bixby as an alarm clock, and adding options to use "play last podcast", "resume playlist", "play X" or simply "pause" would help a lot automating it all. I am currently forced to use Spotify for this, which is... Painful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please make it easier to sort podcasts in the home screen. I cannot figure out priority sorting

I cannot figure out priority sorting (I change the numbers, but nothing happens). I also have never been able to use drag and drop. I feel like the only thing that could work is to uninstall and reinstall.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Playlist filter - time since previous episode played

Currently I always have a single episode downloaded from each of my subscriptions. I order my playlist of downloaded podcasts by a mixture of priority and time since downloaded. This allows me to cycle through my whole list of subscriptions on a regular basis.

Some of my subscriptions are current events based so when I get to those episodes I would rather listen to the most recent episode rather than the one that automatically downloaded 2 weeks ago.

A filter of "time since last episode of subscription played" would solve this issue. I believe the information is already available since…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base