General

1. Option add top playlist episode playback in progress

Add a option to add (force) on the top playlist all episode starting.

Useful to automatically continue playing an episode that was started and that are at the bottom of the playlist (because low priority by example)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alternative (simpler) cross-device/platform functionality

While it would be great to have true cross-device/platform syncing, I am sensitive to the potential complexity of such functionality.

Assuming that Xavier isn't close to bringing us a proper bi-directional cross-platform solution, I would like to suggest an alternative which may be acceptable to many of the people who have asked for cross-device syncing at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/4115735 and a desktop version at https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997/suggestions/6531942.

Namely:
    That a primary-secondary model be created.
    One Android device would be configured as the primary device. All other Android devices and desktop or web applications would be secondary.
    The primary device would be responsible for…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Keep player interface for casting

I see there was an earlier idea about "not going full-screen", but I was wondering if it's possible to keep the main player interface when we go back - I.e. opening the notification, or Player from the sidebar.

The cast player is very inferior, has almost no features we're used to from Addict :(

If not, is it technically possible to change that screen instead of using the default Cast UI?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bookmarks index

Is possibile to have an option to list It, because if you have a lot of bookmarks, only with podcast episode lists is difficult to find the bookmark you need

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Easy find back after sleep mode

Before resuming the podcast, which timed out through sleep mode, ask if and how much you want to rewind.

Feature could look like this
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbXXYrDXgAIRa8y?format=jpg&name=medium (hope Link is consistent)

Picture is out of the Bookbeat app. It has a slider between start timestamp where you activated sleepmode and stopmarker where sleepmode ended. The audio is playing during the slide of the user.

Right now Rewinding is tedious, either you have very small steps and have to hammer the rewind button quite much, or if you try to use the slider it is quite fuzzy and difficult to hit the right…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Use the display to show random patterns, like the old windows media visualiser. It would be great for music

Use the display to show random patterns, like the old windows media visualiser. It would be great for music.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. in homescreen: add optional info for podcasts: number of episodes total, # of download ep., # of listened episodes

the optional orange corner in homescreen showes the # of unread episodes. I would like to have info options there: # of episodes total, # of download ep., # of listened episodes

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sorting podcasts by durations

Sorting podcasts by total duration provides a clearer look at the time it will take to listeb than only number of new episodes, discounting long durations with few episodes (e.g. Hardcore History) and vice versa.

Sorting by average episode durations makes it easier to find quick podcasts for 5 minute breaks or longer ones to play in a longer period of time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Roll up podcasts in the playlist

I have a lot of podcasts downloaded in my Playlist and it can be lengthy scrolling through them to get to one I'm in the mood for. It would be great if the list could be rolled up by podcast to make scrolling through it faster and easier. Similar to how Outlook can roll up a day, or Windows Explorer can roll up folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add AGC (automatic gain control) to level out the audio

Not only do levels vary from podcast to podcast, but within podcasts if they don't pre-process the audio.

I suggest active gain leveling, not just simple replay gain or normalization. As though the listener was constantly moving the volume up and down to make it consistent.

Technical: Calculate the RMS level for the upcoming 1/4 second or so, then adjust an internal gain block to either boost or cut to compensate. Response time to loud passages should be pretty quick, then release times to higher gains during quiet passages would take a second or two.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/agc/

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable Remote Playback through google cast devices in Android 11 media control

"By default, only local media routes are shown. If your app supports other media routes, such as remote playback you'll need to let the system know.

To do this add the MediaRouter jetpack library to your app."

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2020/08/playing-nicely-with-media-controls.html

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Pause / Resume / Rewind 5 Seconds option to Upon short audio notification setting

This setting would work just like the existing Pause / Resume option but it would also rewind 5 seconds on resume. This would be useful when doing something like navigating Google Maps. The notifications are often long enough that a quick refresher on what was just said in a podcast would be helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Podcast Addict for iOS

Hi Xavier

I would love to see an iOS version of this app. I have over 72 days listening time on this app and nothing on iOS compares. I know this has been posted and I've put my votes on them.
    I read in a previous suggestion that the reason there isn't is because it's just a side project. Well, I also see that it isn't anymore and being a SW Engineer myself maybe I can even help if that's what you need to get this into iOS.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    Ben

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Try super hard to get Spotify podcasts

This is Spotify's fault, not yours, but I'm worried about losing my favorite podcasts as they switch to Spotify. I'm not sure what the difference is with how they convert... Like, Joe Rogan's feed seems to still be updating in the app, but Last Podcast on the Left no longer updates in the app, only in Spotify.

To piggyback off this idea, is there a way to make friends with Stitcher Premium archives? I wouldn't mind paying for Stitcher Premium to get podcast archives, but I'm never going to use any other app than yours to listen. Is there a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Minimum time threshold to be considered "in progress"

In the "episodes in progress" display, there are lots of episodes that have only a few seconds started. I want to be to set a threshold of a minimum listening time (10 seconds) before the app considers it really in progress.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make an "ignore episode" feature that's seperate from marking it "played"

I'm a bit neurotic about my podcast organization. Say that a podcast has an episode that's really a trailer for another podcast... I want to hide that episode from my view when looking at the episode list. Currently the only way to do that is to mark it as "played", but I know in my heart that I didn't really "play" the episode.

It gets more confusing when podcasts release "from the archive" episodes, which are a duplicate of a previously released one. I usually mark these as "played" so they don't clutter my feed, but sometimes it's confusing if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Changing episode download order each podcast

May not be possible, but would love to be able to set it up where some podcasts download the newest episode and some the oldest whenever I use automatic download.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Autoplay episodes

Adding an autoplay episode feature or making it easier to create a playlist.

I think it would be cool to have an autoplay toggle button in the user setting so that users can either choose to use it or have the playlist. The autoplay episode feature would make it easier to go to the next episode down as the user finishes his/her episode for the podcast. This would make it safer for drivers who use the app to listen to their favorite podcast as they go about their day instead of queuing up the next one manually.

Yes, I understand…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Réveil en podcast ET/OU radio

Bonjour,
    La demande d'une fonction "réveil" pour activer la playlist a déjà été demandée.
    Je suggère ici que cette fonction, si elle est développée, permette aussi de programmer un réveil pour les radios.
    Merci pour toutes ces belles heures d'écoute !

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base