General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add the ability to reset all customizations made from a particular podcast. Also to allow a reset of all customizations of all podcasts.

I find it difficult to track which podcasts I have customized, versus which podcasts are following the primary settings. I wish I could reset everything to match the overall app settings so I can start over.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Associate one account to this app

I think it would be very useful to associate an account to the app in order to have all the signatures and podcasts synced in different devices like phone, tablet and pc, like evernote and audible has.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expand download older first to include all podcasts

The option to download older podcasts first doesn't make much sense to me as it only applies to "new" podcasts. What makes more sense is that this option would download the oldest unread podcast That said, some people probably use this option with it's current behavior so it might be better to let the user choose whether it applies to all episodes or only to new episodes.

The current archive mode option is close to the desired behavior, however, it's more a limit on the maximum number of episodes that will be retained for a podcast. If an additional episode…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export more detailed listening statistics

I like the listening statistics feature, but I often want to know more about my habits, more explicitly, and to be able to work with that data a bit.
    Being able to track/download events such as time of playback, time of stopping, episode timestamp of start/stop, sleep timer timeout, or sleep timer interrupted, would be really interesting for me.
    I write scripts that graoh and analyse my behaviour from exported data from mood tracker apps/my exported calendar, and often podcast addict is a good indicator of when i actually slept, or how I was feeling during my commute to/from work.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When paused and "play from top" is enabled, make the added episode the currently playing

I usually have several longer podcasts queued up.

When I leave for work or from work, I download the latest news podcast from the local radio station, put on my headphones and press play. But before that I need to tap on the first item in the playlist to switch the currently playing title.

What I suggest is: when a title is added to the top of the playlist, at least when paused, automatically make it the currently playeing title, so that when I press play/unpause, the most recently added one will start playing instead of continuing the one I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have a way to control / maintain audio level while playing a podcast. This is really useful when trying to fall asleep to a podcast

Sudden rises in volume can be jarring for example during ad segments in podcasts. Is there a way to keep the level the same as a podcast is playing?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Volume compressor / normalizer

Add an optional feature to enable (and adjust the degree of) volume compression so that the dynamic volume range is minimized within a given track.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a "Download entire podcast backlog" feature

When I go on road trips I like to download entire podcast backlog and listen from start to finish. To do this I've perfected the sequence of options I have to toggle in order to do this in a tidy fashion. It would be nice to have this as a simple action.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fade-out ramp for sleep timer

There should be a gentle (maybe customizable) fade-out ramp to silence when the sleep timer reaches the end.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Release a Garmin App

Most podcast apps are awful and make syncing podcast episodes, marking them as played and removing old ones either very difficult or impossible. You have nailed it on android.

Now I need the same on my Garmin watch. There are currently only 3 podcast providers for my Garmin 645 Music watch and they are all unusable. This could be a great market to tap and would make your Garmin owning fans very happy.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set playback speed for each podcast

I dont hear Podcast in normal playback speed, but i need to change it when i hear episodes from different Podcasts. Sometimes because of different languages and sometimes because the speakers are still faster then others. It would be great if i could set up a playback speed for only this specific Podcast. Or a global playback speed that is used if there is no podcast-specific speed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have the capability to sort podcasts by personal preference on the 'main screen'

On the page with all my podcast shown on tiles, I would like to customize the order they show up. Rather than choosing to sort by, number of played/unplayed, old - new etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Creating groups in playlist

The idea is to be able to "link" selected episodes in a group in the playlist screen.

When you rearrange part of or all your playlist, these episodes stay in a block without losing their reorder. You can also move them together.
    It would benefit episodical podcasts especially.

Additional idea : have the possibility to collapse this group to have a less cluttery playlist.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add drop-down menu option to choose a random episode from list

Option to display episode details of a random episode from which ever list is being viewed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A way to block certain words from appearing in your search results (under episodes)

Usually we're able to do that online by simple adding a ''-'' before the word we don't want to see but on PA this doesn't work. I get so many search results on the episodes section of search from podcasts I do not care about and because I can't block the podcast, my search results are not that good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Replay / CatchUp Feature

The idea is to get to download an episode of a feed, starting from the oldest entry, every day (or week, what, choose your period). This is for listinening to a finished/concluded series (like 50 Things That Made The Modern Economy or The Butterfly Effect) or catching up to a newly discovered podcast within a set period without having to download every episode.

So basically just a "Download n entries from feed x every m interval starting from the first (or y-th entry)" function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Working on a Google home integration

I'm a huge fan of your application and I'm considering buying a Google Home assistant to browse my favorite podcasts while doing the dishes. Are you planning on working on something tlike this ? Thanks !

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. J-WAVE

Please add to Podcast Addict the Japanese network J-WAVE, which produces among others the podcast below.

https://www.j-wave.co.jp/original/worldaircurrent/podcast.xml

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. MBS

Please add to Podcast Addict the Japanese network MBS, which produces among others the podcast below.

http://www.mbs1179.com/akarui/rss.xml

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base