General

1. Add google smart speaker support!

If Podcast addict were a default option for Google Nest smart speakers it would be amazing. (You can change it from google podcasts to spotify currently so why not get podcast addict on there!) You'd need to have it synced up but imagine being able to tell your speaker to play a podcast and it automatically plays it via podcast addict, then you stop it to go for a drive and listen on your phone and it's synced up exactly where you left off. This functionality is one of the main reasons I feel I may have to abandon Podcast…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry but you will have to ask Google for this. They are the one in charge of the lists of application available and for now they only offered this to Spotify in order I guess to limit the risk of getting another antitrust lawsuit…

2. Change the % completed to mark finished

The option to mark a podcast "finished" after a % amount is played could work better. Right now it does it after you reach that percent and than press next or forward. It also stops playing the podcast, jumping to the end.

It would be better if when you set the percent, once you reach that point it marks it finished automatic but continues to play and function as normal.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Feed Splitting

Allow me to split out, for example, a single Patreon feed into individual shows. These feeds typically have strongly named episodes allowing filtering.
    Ideally I could toggle on and off a list of a list of any episodes that don't fit a filter.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Opt-in notifications for new episodes

When you only want to be notified of new episodes for a couple of podcasts out of hundreds, it is necessary to enable notifications globally and then manually override this behaviour for all of the other podcasts (including any new ones added subsequently).

It would be much preferable to have notifications disabled globally and then override this behaviour in custom settings.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Ideally it should be customizable; sometimes I can't check for new episodes every week, so it would be nice to be able to check for new episodes once a month and be able to see ALL of them, not just those created within the last week

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable artwork

Add an option to disable fetching podcast artwork in order to improve performance and save space.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. a) In the audition menu you must introduce the possibility to set by the user to fix the audition list and avoid involuntary movements due t

a) In the audition menu you must introduce the possibility to set by the user to fix the audition list and avoid involuntary movements due to user error b) in the playlist, the section already heard, should be better visualized ... now it is marked under the image but VERY VERY WEAK !!! c) thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. export downloads

Ability to export downloads using SAF(Storage access framework) with proper name and folders

We can already go to app data and copy it but most applications can't detect the metadata and displays the name as it is

Why would it be needed?
    Sometimes the App might bug or we might want to share some pdocast with others

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A 'Listen Later' feature for yet-to-be-tried podcasts

I have a longgg list of shows that have been recommended to me, but it becomes difficult to keep track of them. When I used other apps I'd add the first episode of each one (I'm a big sequential audio drama fan) to a separate playlist but I cant do that with Podcast Addict.I'd really like a way to Flag unlistened podcasts in a way that lets me find them later without having to clog up my subscription box

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add an optional override priority for specific episodes

Sometimes I want to boost the priority of specific episodes. It would be nice to long-press the episode and get a selection to "Override priority" so it would sort closer to the top.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add option to hide a podcast from the main screen

If I'm not really actively listening to a podcast anymore but don't want to lose my listening data, it'd be good to be able to hide it from the main podcast screen without deleting it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Swipe right to add episode to playlist from list of episodes, swipe left to mark as played

I spend the most time in my subscriptions adding new episodes to the playlist. In a list of episodes from a sub, I long press and select "Add to Playlist" or "Mark Played" if I don't want to listen to it.

If I could swipe left or right to achieve the same action. Perhaps make this available from the search section to add one-off episodes I might want.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have a simple episode file export method.

Often, I want to save an episode audio file outside of the app (to Google Drive, for example) even if it is deleted after listening in the app. It used to be pretty easy, but now I'm at a loss as go how to do it... If it's possible, it's not obvious in the UI.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please enable chapter filter by time

So for example, I can skip any chapter 59 seconds or shorter. Would help when chapters do not explicitly state they are adverts, but given the length, it is probable that they are.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Age filter for podcasts

Some podcasts go back for years. In the extra filters section under each podcast could add filter to not download if over x days, months, or years?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great to be able to check on a regular basis if new episodes or new podcasts have been publushed on a list of key words

Like today the application checks if new episodes have been published by your preferred podcasts, what about looking for new episodes on a list of key words (subject of interest, people you follow, ...) on all existing podcasts. It's like recording and than re-launching researches

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow users to block podcasts from podcast suggestions

I would like to block specific podcasts from showing up under podcast suggestions at the bottom of episode descriptions etc. So if I see a suggested podcast I'm not interested in, I can click and say "hide suggestion" or "block podcast" or something so that another suggested show will appear in the future

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base