Skip to content

General

2335 results found

1. Allow users to specify what screen shows when tapping notification or the app icon

Since I'm on the playlist screen 90% of the time and don't need access to the other two screens very often, I would like to be able to specify my "favorite" screen either when clicking the app icon (I can't always use the widget), or when clicking on the art area of the notification.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Expand "show/hide seen content" to include "show only read episodes"

It would be easier to determine whether I'd like to listen to an already read episode again or delete it, if it was more conveniently highlighted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a restriction to download a limit per time on some podcasts.

I listen to many podcasts with extensive historical archives. Using the present download systems, when I hear one, it automatically downloads a replacement. While this keeps the que full, it results in flooding out my current podcasts.

I have over 70 podcasts with unread episodes, and it would be nice to add a limitaton to the podcasts to download at most XX episodes per XX frequency.

So I would be able to limit an archive of 800 episodes to download at most 5 episodes per month, or 1 per week, etc.

When I am away from home, the WiFi download…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In favorites pull down list put episode count on the left or enable text wrap

Some podcasts have such long titles that you can't see the episode count regardless of which way the phone or table is turned (even with font -3 selected which doesn't seem to effect the pulldown list size) . Putting the count at the beginning of the title would fix that - AND all the episode counts would line up on the left instead of being staggered on the right. Or enable a text wrap

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow to exclude locally imported podcasts from the "Delete read episodes"

The app allows me to remove the read episodes and I've recently imported an audiobook as a "local podcast" which files got deleted.
    I would like the "Delete read episodes" action to have an option to not delete locally imported "podcasts" as these files aren't easily (or at all) re-downloaded. Perfectly, I would like some dialog that would ask me if I want to remove the "local podcast" itself without ever touching the real files on my sdcard/internal storage.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Next version of the app shows a small setting screen when you add a new virtual podcast in the app. This allows you to easily disable automatic deletion, automatic marked as played and to customize other settings as well.

The new default setting for virtual podcast will be to NOT delete files automatically 

6. Suspend Downloads

When one of my podcast hosts goes on vacation for a week or two, I wish I could suspend automatic downloads during that time, perhaps by setting two calendar dates, and then have auto downloads resume at the appointed date.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a screen by screen by screen FAQ on how to use this great app.

After about three paragraphs, your "Getting Started Guide" seems to be just a series of answered questions.

I watched your advertisement video. It's a nicely made ad. But for being a step by step tutorial, it's like watching a car commercial to learn how to drive a car.

I can tell you put a lot of work into this program. But figuring this out is like playing a "seek and find" video game. Why are you making us work so hard just to use this?

So my suggestion is that you spend an afternoon, do a screen capture of the…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to delete all items in the playlist prior to the current playing podcast.

It would make cleaning up episodes a lot easier. I rarely ever listen until the very end of a file.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Live stream

please add more freatures to the live stream. Like duration the user has listend to the stream and the metadata the stream may be putting out.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a fourth UI color option

Something light with a dark font color would be ace!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature requires a major update of the app as it hasn’t been built with the possibility to switch between light and dark theme.
    This means that implementing a light theme will take some time and might break things with the current dark themes.

If you want to help me test this, please join the alpha using the following URL: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.bambuna.podcastaddict

I will try to publish a first version next week.

This will not break the app, however, the colors and icons will not be the final choice and there might be issues with the text color / icon colors not being contrasted enough with the first few iterations.
    If you join, please send me an email with a screenshot showing the issues you found so I can fix them quickly

Thanks!

11. Keep the Download Queue until there is room to download

With the new Archive mode (which is great) I have the new problem of missed downloads. If my storage is full downloads will cancel and remove themselves from the Dowload Queue. Keep the download Queue untill there is enough storage to download the next podcast episode. This way you keep the automatic downloads working and if you don't use automatic download you can queue up episodes in a specific order and the downloading will resume when there is more storage space available.

This can be combined with limiting the amount of storage space used for podcasts.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Watched episodes counter

There's maybe the possibilty to make a counter of duration from watched episodes? to allow us know how many time we spent watching podcasts. (X Months, Y Weeks, Z Days, J Hours and K Minutes, maybe)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Start downloading episode when playback begins (on wifi)

I've seen the "play downloading episode" feature but not an option to start automatic download when playback begins. It can be convenient when you're listening to something at home but have to suddenly go out.

Thanks for a fantastic app!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add margins on both sides of the app (specially on the playlist view) to avoid involuntary changes of the episode

Podcast addict is fully displayed on the smartphone framework. This is a disadvantage for a samsung s6 edge for example. On the playlist, you may switch to a different episode as t is being played just by holding the phone because the edge is active. There should be some a margin on both sides of the playlist to avoid messing up with the playlist.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Never remove (by clean up) episodes that are on the playlist

I often have a long fallback list of non-timely episodes in the playlist but will (manually) make timely episodes jump the queue. It often happens that when I run out of timely episodes and thus want to fall back, those episodes have been 'cleaned up'.

I think it would be reasonable to exclude episodes in the playlist from being cleaned up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Playback controls and notifications for the "edge" panel on the Galaxy Edge phones.

Hey, love your app, been using it for a couple of years now. I recently got a Galaxy s7 edge and was wondering if yall had any plans on adding "edge" features of any kind? Would love to have something similar to the widget where I can swipe the edge panel and play/pause or skip what i am currently listening to. Also on the edge notification having name of current episode, time left, #of episodes in playlist left.
    Thanks again! Keep up the great work!

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mode off-ligne

À quick option, in podcast menu, a little switch to see only the podcast downloaded.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have an option to individualy configure the behavior of the bluetooth skip and rewind buttons

Currently, it appears that the is an option to have the Bluetooth buttons either act as FF/rewind, or next/previous. It would be nice to have the ability to set them individually so you could have FF/previous or skip/rewind. Beyondpod has had this ability for a while (but I have become disillusioned with that app), and is handy, as sometimes I want to skip the cast I am currently listening to, but still want to be able to rewind to hear stuff that I missed. I exclusively listen to podcasts in the car over Bluetooth or android auto, and the double-click…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. cutting an episode