Skip to content

General

2336 results found

1. Problem with audios podcasts for chromecaster

When we want chromecaster audios podcasts it does not work and nevertheless it would be desirable.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this section to report an issue. It’s dedicated to new feature request.
    Please use this page Contact Support button instead in order to open a ticket.

Regarding the issue, Chromecast playback is handled by the Chromecast bit by the app. The Chromecast communication is handled by the Google Play Services. The app just send the episode url and your commands: play, pause, …
    Please give more detail about the issue

Thanks

2. Option to start app in playlist mode and have one touch button to clear and enqueue downloaded episodes

Would be great to have a default option to have the app start up to playlist screen. Then, in order to get rid of old episodes and add the most recent ones, would be good to have a one-touch "clear and enqueue" button (essentially combining the current "clear playlist" and "enqueue downloaded" options

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do that. Please follow the FAQ instructions to open the app on the screen of your choice.
    You can enqueue downloaded episodes and clear undownloaded episodes from the playlist screen, but the best way might be to enable automatic removal of episodes once they have been listen to and to enable automatic playlist for downloaded episodes

3. Would love to see a way to be able to log in for easier way of managing and syncing

Would love to see a way to be able to log in and have the ability to more easily manage/sync RSS feeds over multiple devices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. please fix this bug

there is a bug that i get every once in a while. I press play and the podcast plays for less than a second then pauses. I press play again and it does the same thing. But if I mess with the settings and force close it a few times it starts working. Sorry I can't be more specific.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report an issue. It’s dedicated to request new features. In case if an issue use this page contact support button to open a ticket.

Regarfing the issue I have no idea what’s going on. The devuce built-in player is in charge if the playback. Please try playing the same file with the devuce player. To you have the same issue?
    Pl3ase give more details about the app version, devuce, android version…
    Thanks

7. stop app from causing phone to vibrate twice upon connecting to Bluetooth receiver (car audio)

The app causes the phone to vibrate whenever it gets connected to car's Bluetooth. This is annoying because the vibration is similar to receiving a phone call. There should be an option to disable this "feature". Experienced this on both Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 5. Doesn't happen after uninstalling podcast addict.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app doesn’t handle anything related to the sound output.
    The only vobration the app can do is if you enabled Vibrate in Settings/Notification, but it doesn’t do anything related to the playback.
    Moreover the app cannot interact with any other app,..

8. Notify user when SoundCloud public RSS is not available

I added a few SoundCloud URLs (e.g. soundcloud.com/nasa) but I didn't receive any episode list. I was confused for a minute. Then I checked their RSS url which didn't contain anything.

Thus, my suggestion.

my version: 2.23 (build 333)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. fix the problem with lockscreen controls

Hi, there. I have a nexus 5 phone and since the upgrade to lollipop i have lost the lockscreen controls even when i choose this option in the settings. Cannot do anything. The screen just locks with the artwork but no controls. It is really troublesome unlocking the phone to pausr the pod in cold weather

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please don’t use this page to report issues. It’s dedicated to new feature request. Use this page Contact support button instead.
    Regarding the issue, the lock screen widget works fine. You’re facing a lollipop bug when the ‘sensitive notifications’ are hidden from the lock screen widget.

10. Store subscriptions

so that when the phone has to be reset or a new phone is purchased, we don't have to start over searching a hundred different podcasts hoping we didn't for get any.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Connectio

Whenever i resume stream playback from the widget i get a connection failure error message and have to open the app to resume playback

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This page is dedicated to new feature request. Please use the page Contact Support button to open a ticket and give more details about the issue.

Regarding the issue, what’s the exact error message displayed ?
    Are you streaming or playing downloaded files ?
    Please add those information in the ticket

Thanks

12. bug report: failed downloads aren't retried

I've noticed that I have a lot of episodes listed but not downloaded. This even though I have repeatedly hit the "podcast update" button. It looks like if an episodes fails to download I must manually select the episode to download it. This is very frustrating when I have hundreds of failed downloads.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Downloads are always retried, in case there’s a connection issue on the device. But they aren’t retried when there’s a server issue. In that case downloading it manually will fail as well, unless you wait some time and the podcast server issue has been fixed.
    I don’t understand why you’re also talking about the update button. Updating the feed won’t change anything to the way episodes are downloaded.

Unless you’re talking about feed update and not episode download…

Anyway, this page is dedicated to new feature request. Please use the page Contact Support button to open a ticket and give more details about the issue.
    Are you having error messages ? What are the feed RSS url ? …

Thanks

13. Option to disable back button exit

When I use the back button to go to the Home screen the player stops and the notification disappears. I would like an option to disable this behavior.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This section is dedicated to new feature request. Please don’t use it to report an issue. Use this page Contact Support button to open a ticket.

Regarding the issue, pressing the back button doesn’t have any effect on the player, unless you’re watching a video. It just go back to the previous screen or exit the app depending on which screen you were.
    If you’re watching a video, you need to allow background playback in Settings/Player

14. allow podcasts to at least resume playing when a game launches or similar app

At the moment when listening to a podcast if I launch plants vs zombies the podcast doesn't just pause it stops completely and won't allow both to run at the same time

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Android has different audio channels. Podcast Addict uses the STREAM_MUSIC channel. Only one app can play on a specific channel at a time. So if this other app uses the same channel to play some sound, then Podcast Addict won’t be able to play and will stop. This is the normal behavior

15. Give a list of supported external players.

In one of my subscriptions there is an occasional video podcast. The internal player says that it doesn't support the format (its an mp4). I have several other apps that can play videos on my phone but I can only choose 1 other one, which happens to be quickpic. I know the video works because I can copy it to my compute and play it just fine. Is there a list somewhere that says what's compatable with pa?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you press the menu entry to play an episode using a 3rd party player, Android will automatically display the list of apps installed supporting this file extension. It doesn’t means necessarily that they will be able to play the file, but they can play file with the same extension.
    You can try MX Player or VLC which aren’t using the device built-in mediaplayer service so they support more encoding.

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Non il etait là avant la diffusion de l’épisode 0. Il est accessible via le moteur de recherche et dans le réseau de podcasts ‘Frenchspin’
    De plus tu peux t’abonner à n’importe quel podcast par un simple copier/coller d’un flux RSS dans l’app

18. Allow storage of downloaded episodes to an external SD card

Or, if this is not possible, have an easy way to delete downloaded episodes en masse.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can store the episodes on the SD card. You have to change the default storage location in Settings/Download/Storage location. Make sure to follow the instructions especially if you’re on KitKat. You can also delete episodes automatically in Settings/Automatic cleanup or ‘en masse’ by selecting them

19. Pause when GPS talks

Some other apps like tunein have a better system concerning other apps using sound in the same time.

I often use your app on motorcycle and when my gps is talking, both sounds are simultaneous. So I understand none of them.
    A pause/play feauture in that case will be great.

Furthermore when i receive a call, the podcast don't always unpause after it.

Last point, when I call someone, the podcast never unpause after it.

Thanks for your great app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app follows Android best practice for the Audio focus. You can still change the default behavior in Settings/Player if you want the app to pause in case of a short audio notification.
    The app will resume playback after a phone call except if you disconnected a headset during the phone call or if Android killed the app to free some resources

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cette page est utilisée pour proposer de nouvelles fonctionnalités. En cas de problème merci d’utiliser le bouton ‘Contact support’ de la page.
    Merci de donner plus d’information à propos du problème. Que veut dire: ‘impossible de naviguer’ ? Dans quel écran es tu ?
    Merci

Xavier

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base