General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Go to podcast episode list when clicking podcast cover art

When I'm trying to binge a podcast series I want to easily find the next episode without having to put them all in the playlist. When I click the podcast description art it goes to the podcast's external web page. I would love for it to go the podcast list of episodes in the app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a longer description

It would be great to be able to read more of the description for the podcast on the listing screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Announce Feed and Episode Title via Text-To-Speech when next episode in playlist starts playing

While biking I can't see the title of the episode and from which feed it is because the screen is off and it's stored in my pocket (I bike with 2 phones, the other one is mounted on the frame, but it is not used for audio, only for extensive data collection without a SIM card).

Some podcasts don't start by introducing the current episode, so I'm left guessing what I'm going to hear next.

It would be nice if PA could let me know by saying "Next up: 'The Uber IPO' from 'Acquired'" or something along those lines.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Move selected list Trash can icon

When selecting episodes from the Playlist the Trash Can icon appears next to the icon for the Menu of actions. It is too easy to mistakenly tap the Trash Can when intending to tap the Menu. All it takes is tiny bump in the road at the wrong moment. ;-( If the Trash Can icon were to the left of the episode count it would be safer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Love the new icon

The icon now fits in with the rest. Great work. Love your app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Run command after downloads are completed

Normally at night wifi is disabled. At the morning Tasker enables wifi automatically. I want to update my Podcasts at night. I can enable it using Tasker at a specific time, but i dont know how long it takes to download all New episodes. It would be a good idea if i could run a command when all downloads are done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automatically mark episodes older than ... as played

I'm subscribed to serveral "News" Podcasts, some of them updating their feed every hour.

I'm not interested in hourly news from 12 hours ago and they clutter the "unplayed episodes" list, a per-podcast setting to automatically either "Mark all but the latest episode as played" or "Mark episodes older than n hours/days/month as played" would be very convenient.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customisable Twitter #HashTags

Customisable twitter Hashtags for every podcast.
    Maybe adding custom text also when twitting automatically after fully listened & stared episodes???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create several playlists or virtual subscriptions using filters from one podcast feed.

Allow the user to create separate playlists (or "virtual subscriptions" ) from one subscribed-to podcast using filters. Some podcasters (Mike Bennett, I'm looking at you here) interleave their serialised stories in the same feed - while it's all good, I want to finish one story before I start another!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add speed controls (increase/decrease) for Android Auto

At present it is possible to add a button to android auto that *toggles* speed control on and off. However, this is not a very useful function. What would be more useful is a set of buttons to increase and decrease playback speed by 0.1x increments.

There is already a suggestion for this but it was answered by the creation of the toggle. I don't believe that is what was suggested, nor is it what was voted for. Please provide the option for real speed controls.

Speed control is a key feature (it is the primary reason I switched to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When paused and "play from top" is enabled, make the added episode the currently playing

I usually have several longer podcasts queued up.

When I leave for work or from work, I download the latest news podcast from the local radio station, put on my headphones and press play. But before that I need to tap on the first item in the playlist to switch the currently playing title.

What I suggest is: when a title is added to the top of the playlist, at least when paused, automatically make it the currently playeing title, so that when I press play/unpause, the most recently added one will start playing instead of continuing the one I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Activate Plex Channel on your Roku device

There are a lot of entertaining programs to watch on your plex channel. For plex activation, you must have all the preliminary requisites. Create a plex account and get the plex channel subscription downloading the plex server. As soon as you get the server, go to the page plex.tv/link . Click on it and type the plex channel activation code. Now proceed with the onscreen prompts. Talk to our network team @+18448017370 for plex channel activation and to get the troubleshooting tips.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have a way to control / maintain audio level while playing a podcast. This is really useful when trying to fall asleep to a podcast

Sudden rises in volume can be jarring for example during ad segments in podcasts. Is there a way to keep the level the same as a podcast is playing?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Volume compressor / normalizer

Add an optional feature to enable (and adjust the degree of) volume compression so that the dynamic volume range is minimized within a given track.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. car layout buttons / actions configuration

please consider to add possibility to configure car layout buttons
    e.g. I would like to see in car layout button for "Delete and remove from the playlist" action
    thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. select audio device for playback

as a user I can select audio device for playback
    e.g. I have several Bluetooth devices (car, pixel buds, etc.) and speaker
    I can select pixel buds before switching off a car

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Separate "resume on connection": one for Bluetooth and the other for Wired devices

I'd like 2 separate options for "resume on connection". One for Wired and the other for Bluetooth devices. I exclusively listen to podcasts from a Bluetooth speaker and music with a wired headphones. So I don't want Addict to start playing when I plug in my wired headphones

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort by newest podcast added

I would like to be able to sort my podcasts main pade by when I started subscribing to the podcast. I follow a lot of podcasts and have trouble remembering which ones I have just recently added to listen to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Live statistics

Currently statistics are calculated when a podcast ends. This works fine for a rough estimate of stats but it's not super accurate when listening to a long podcast over multiple days.

For example. If I'm listening to a two hour podcast that I listen to 90% of it, then pause and finish it first thing the next morning, the statistics section shows that I listened to nothing yesterday and two hours today.

Not a huge deal but it'd be cool if the statistics were more accurate.

Thanks for the hard work. still by far the best podcast app around.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have a "Download entire podcast backlog" feature

When I go on road trips I like to download entire podcast backlog and listen from start to finish. To do this I've perfected the sequence of options I have to toggle in order to do this in a tidy fashion. It would be nice to have this as a simple action.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base