General

1. let the color of radio tags not be shaowed behind a gray layer

The podcast tags are not treated this way. It s harder to spot a radio on its tag than it could.
    Too bad I cant post an image to explain

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop and mark as played, or marks as played x mins left AND back button

I'm sure others have suggested something like this but I'd love to have a simple button on the player that stops and marks and played. The long press next track often makes me go to the next track which is not really what I want.
    Ideally I'd like a conditional setting that marks the episode as played with less than x minutes left AND the player back button is pressed.
    For example, if I am listening to a track with a conditional 2 minutes at the end set.
    I want to be able to just go back, or exit or…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Increase play from position to over 10 hours.

With omnibooks I can still have to skip hours ahead.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add keep up to date toggle on podcast subscription list

Instead of going to each podcast individually and manual toggle the keep up to date, can there be a way to have a toggle box be included on the podcast subscription page to see the keep up to date together?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ao incluir um podcast a uma playlist ir informando também a duração

Sugestão: à medida em que forem adicionados capítulos à playlist e ela informar em uma tarja azul ESTE PODCAST FOI ADICIONADO À PLAYLIST, informar também a DURAÇÃO PARCIAL DA PLAYLIST

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Android Auto extra controls order

It would nice to be able to reorder the extra controls for Android Auto so we can choose which items end up in the 3-dot menu. Currently, if I enable the delete button, the playback speed toggle gets pushed to the 3-dot menu when I'd rather have it the other way round.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Android Auto track information display

Currently the Android Auto display shows Episode Name, Publisher Name and Date. Would be nice to have an option to choose which track information to display. Eg. I would change Publisher Name with Podcast Name

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow display of original elapsed time/duration when playing at adjusted speed.

Basically an option to allow the default behaviour before this change. This is how it works on a number of major audio apps including audible and libby. A toggle setting would be welcome! https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/7004190-recalculate-the-total-time-and-time-remaining-on-p

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. AB repeat feature

If the user selects the Repeat A-B option, that would define the current playback position as the 'in' point, and the option wording would change to Repeat A-B (set endpoint). When the endpoint has similarly been selected, the track would repeat continuously between A and B until the user selects a different option.

thanks
    Gagan

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Would the following work for you?
    Create a bookmark at position A, then create a bookmark at position B
    Open the episode bookmarks list and start playing the 1st bookmark which will play from position A to B, then will keep going.
    I can add a repeat button on the bookmark line, that way the app can repeat in a loop the same bookmark until the bookmark is deleted or the repeat flag is disabled
    Please let me know what you think about this

10. Add specified date filter to custom playlists

At the moment, custom playlists can be filtered to include only episodes released in the last n days. Could you add a similar filter to include episodes released before or after a specified date for more flexibility?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enlarge episode images

The episode image should enlarge within the app if you click it in the episode description in the top-left.

Using the browser is time-consuming. A link for those who want to open it should stay somewhere, though.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unmute resumes playback

Muting the sound already pauses playback which was a great addition but I would like it if unmuting would resume playback

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PodChaser Integration for Episode Review Sharing!

Any thoughts on integrating Podchaser?
    Like the companies here:

https://www.podchaser.com/articles/inside-podchaser/announcing-podchaser-data-integration-partnerships-for-credits-and-ratings?utm_source=Podchaser+Users&utm_campaign=8a1bb87f19-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_06_05_01_47_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1633da3344-8a1bb87f19-89647039

And here:
    https://mailchi.mp/podchaser/playerfm-announcement?e=715ccf8ce2

Getting Ratings from Podchaser. There aren't plenty ratings, but there could be, with integrations like these. And even the few ratings from podchaster filter out the most popular episodes.

Being able to rate episodes directly.

And very important: filtering by best ranking.

The question: "I like the podcast, but what are the most endorsed episodes I should listen to" is one I have all the time. And it should be answered directly in the app you use to play your podcasts.

https://www.podchaser.com/about/faq

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add skip forward/backward, next track/prev track buttons to "playing now" mini player at bottom

Add skip forward/backward, next track/previous track buttons to the mini player display you see at the bottom of the screen when a podcast is playing and you are in the app.

Currently, this mini player at the bottom only shows the podcast image, title, episode title, episode length, progress, and the play button. It would be helpful to add the skip forward and backward button there at least.

If I'm navigating around your app while playing something and I want to pause it or go to next track, I have to click on the display at the bottom of the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Zoomable cover-arts

It would be great, if the covers in the player-view would be zoomable by using the two finger pitch gesture.
    In some podcast there are very detailled cover-arts. Until now i have to visit the website of the podcast-episode to see a zoomable picture.

While holding the fingers on the image, it stays zoomed. When your fingers leave the screen, the image goes back to its normal size.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Color change upon skip outro percentage

Upon hitting the required skip outro percentage, change the color of the fast forward button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add .05x playback speed increments

Example 1.05x, 1.15x, 1.25x, etc. would be added to existing speeds.

Often these increments are perfect on certain people's voices, where it's as fast as possible without sounding unnatural

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the creation of customized playlists

At the end of the week, I want to be able to listen to just episodes on politics, for example. I don't want to have to go through all downloaded episodes and select the ones on politics to listen to or to screw up the order I keep downloaded episodes in. I also don't want to have to go to each individual podcast, listen to the relevant episodes, then go to the next one, repeat, etc.
    I want to be able to go to my podcast, select the episode I want, and download it to its own "politics playlist." Then,…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. sort by Season and Episode and filter by Season

Enable podcasts to be sorted by their Season tags and Episode number tags SxxExx and filtered by their Season tag within a the podcast's episode list.

While most use seasons chronologically, some use the season to group content type. An example is Purple Rocket podcast, a children's storytelling cast, who use seasons to group storylines. RPG podcasts are using it to group actual play storylines from review and interview content.

Season is an alphanumeric, while episode is numeric.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sweet animations

App needs sweeter animations AND it needs multiple player designs; and with that I'm not just talking about different colors. Think Android 12.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base