General

1. Inverse wifi-filter

The existing wifi-filter requires to add each new WiFi network that is added. I would like to download on any WiFi network EXCEPT one specific one (metered). Could you add functionality to avoid downloading on selected WiFi networks? Thanks, amazing progress so far, long time apostle!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reprioritize for currently listened to podcast

I enjoy having my playlist automatically sort by priority and download date. That said, since I have priority automatically calculating, sometimes the list gets reprioritized without my noticing. So, there may be podcasts which I have not yet listened to above where I am currently listening in the queue.

My desired feature, then, is to have an additional sorting factor on the playlist which prioritizes the episode currently playing above all others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Audio normalization

It a feature that allowed us to normalize audio volume so the volume of sounds were the same it would be awesome and extremely useful because some podcasts have wild volume variations.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Filter / Selective Download

I would love an option to filter / delete or "mark as played" for duplicate episodes within the same podcast. When i start a new podcast i like to go back and listen to the older episodes. Certain shows, specifically NPR ones like "this american life", "wait wait dont tell me" ... etc and "TED radio hour", post the same episode as a re-run. I download all my episodes and delete them after they have been played so they take up a ton of space on my phone with duplicates. I also spend a large amount of time sorting by…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change behavior based on Car Mode

I'd suggest changing behavior based on whether a phone is in car mode or not.
    Maybe add a separate 'settings' section for 'when in car mode', allowing the user to specify things like
    - panel to start up in (playlist/player/podcasts
    - font size
    - display mode

Many of us listen to podcasts while driving. The UI needs are different in an 'eyes busy/hands busy' situation

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to ignore new podcasts to sync/download... rather than "mark played"

Currently, if I run a sync and it lists 100 new episodes, I need to decide whether to download them or "mark played" in order to get them to disappear from my "newly available" list. I would much rather tag them as "ignore" so those same episodes don't continually appear in my list. Or just have the ability to exclude podcasts from your normal sync and then have a separate "sync all" command/option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Download/sync by custom podcast group

I have a ton of podcasts I follow. It would be nice if I could group them in a custom way. For instance: My favourites, length, etc. It would be even better if I could have the default sync feature only act on those groups I choose. Right now syncing almost 100 podcasts takes a while and leaves me with a list I have to go through and select download, or "mark as played" to get it off my sync list. I would love to have a favorites group and be able to sync only those, leaving the rest off…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Favorite episodes from the playlist episode long press menu

Often I want to mark an episode favorite after I listen and don't want to have to find it in that podcast's episode list.

Often I'll then delete the episode afterwards, so it would also be great to have a bin icon for the delete menu item too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to rewind in audiobooks from first seconds of one episode to last seconds of the previous in continuous playback mode

Idea like in this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ak.alizandro.s

For example:
    - you have audiobook consisting of 3 files
    - duration of each file is 10 minutes
    - idea: when you are listening (for example) 5 sec of second file (10:05) and press "-15 sec" button, it should automatically set position at 09:50 of first file

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hide/Ignore/Blacklist for Podcasts and Episodes

I follow podcasts that have some episodes that I dont want to listen to. I would like to put those episodes on an ignore list.

I tried some podcasts and didnt liked them. I would like to put them on an ignore list so they dont appear again in a search or in a list of recommended/similar podcasts.

Something else: would be nice to be able to scale the items in the main podcast list so I got a better overview. I would like to make them smaller so more if them fit on my screen so I dont got…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sleep timer bookmark

When setting the timer, I would really like to be able to tick a box that sets a bookmark directly. This is how I usually use the "sleep" timer: Set a bookmark, set timer several minutes. Then, to start over again, I jump back to my bookmark.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Move delete podcast option away from the add to playlist option in downloaded episode menu.

With the options being right next to each other I tend to accidentally delete episodes instead of adding to playlist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Playlist feature :

the possibility of creating a Playlist of short podcasts (between one to ten minutes or set thé time manually)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set the alarm to play from the playlist

At 6 am, it would be nice to waken to meditation or heavy metal podcast, what have you. Clock radios suck.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a "Keep at most" override notification

Please add an override or change limit message when attempting to manually download a number of episodes that when combined with what has already been downloaded will exceed the "keep at most" limit if it's not already set to unlimited. I think this is why I keept experiencing stage behavior when trying to download a lot of episodes and forgot to charge that limit. It seems like it's downloading all of them then marking all but the most recent (insert limit) episodes as played add deleting the downloads.

Thanks for providing the best podcast player and scraper for Android!

James

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve the search function so that one can go back and edit a search term rather than having to type it all in again

Improve the search function so that one can go back and edit a search term rather than having to type it all in again

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Back button

Once the player starts, using the back button usually goes out of the App to the phone "desktop". I don't need that because my phone has a button for that - I get a sinking "oh bother" feeling almost every time.
    Most times I would like it to return me to the same place in the list of podcasts I've just come from (either form the same subscription or a search result) – then I can select another one from the sequence or category.
    Or perhaps this is a setting I have not noticed - please help me find it.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Two-finger gestures on the player screen to play/pause/FF/RR/etc.

E.g., two-finger tap to play/pause, two-finger swipe-left to rewind, two-finger swipe-right to fast forward.

This method of interaction could be useful for those who are driving and prefer the look of the standard layout as opposed to the car layout.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base