General

1. Add custom episode code marking

Function, which allows user to set list of own episode coding, to highlight the series of podcasts. For example "HOBO#12", "SUM#3", or "Ep", "Ep.", "odc." as well as normal S01E10.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the choice of the position in the playlist where the podcast is automatically add after the download

I create a playlist each morning for all the day and during the day I download some podcasts of news. They are automatically add to my playlist but always at the end, and for each of them, I need to put them in the next listening position (prochaine écoute in French).
    Can you add the choice of the position for the option Automatic add to the playlist after download (ajout automatique à la playlist après téléchargement).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add insights for podcasters

Both for general listening and for the paid adverts. I would love to be able to get some insights to how many people listen to my podcast, how much of it, which episodes etc. And when I run paid ads it is great to see subscriber numbers going up, but it would be even better to see which episode they listened to before hitting subscribe.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to remove 'Post Review', 'Other Episodes' buttons from episode description

Screen real estate is precious, would prefer to have more space to read the actual description. I do not use the buttons.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to block podcasts from podcast suggestions

I would like to block specific podcasts from showing up under podcast suggestions at the bottom of episode descriptions etc. So if I see a suggested podcast I'm not interested in, I can click and say "hide suggestion" or "block podcast" or something so that another suggested show will appear in the future

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change the 1x1 widget from square shaped to circles

I have a widget to pause podcasts and is square shaped while the rest of the apps are circles.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Swipe between screens: player, playlist, downloaded episodes, etc

I want to swipe between the main screens: player, playlist, downloaded episodes, etc instead of clicking to open up the left menu. I think this would be way more UX efficient as I often switch between player, playlist and downloaded episodes a lot.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add direct access to current podcast episode list from players

I have issues directly accessing the episode list for the current podcast, particularly when using the casting player. Pressing the back button from the player works only if I haven't clicked out of the app. For me, this significantly impacts usability/efficiency.

Potential solutions:
    - Add podcast episodes button to player, including the casting player
    - Add widget button to access podcast episodes
    - Add option for widget artwork to go to podcast episodes

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recent episodes list - hide the ones which will be downloaded automatically or were downloaded already

I have subscribed to lots of podcasts; some of those were downloaded already or will be downloaded automatically; I would like to hide those episodes from Recent episodes list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Recent episodes list should include several weeks (or months) of episodes - instead of 1 week limit we have now

Ideally it should be customizable; sometimes I can't check for new episodes every week, so it would be nice to be able to check for new episodes once a month and be able to see ALL of them, not just those created within the last week

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an option to order by Remaining percentage

Sorting by Remaining percentage would be very useful, I think, to keep half-played episodes at the top of the playlist.

My current situation as example:

I currently have my playlist set to order by priority and publication date. This is great, except when I've already started an episode and an episode with higher priority is released, it will be added above the current item in the playlist (which is logical, of course, because of the order I set.)

If there were an option to sort by Remaining percentage, I could use that and it would keep the current playing episode…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PodChaser Integration for Episode Review Sharing!

Any thoughts on integrating Podchaser?
    Like the companies here:

https://www.podchaser.com/articles/inside-podchaser/announcing-podchaser-data-integration-partnerships-for-credits-and-ratings?utm_source=Podchaser+Users&utm_campaign=8a1bb87f19-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_06_05_01_47_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1633da3344-8a1bb87f19-89647039

And here:
    https://mailchi.mp/podchaser/playerfm-announcement?e=715ccf8ce2

Getting Ratings from Podchaser. There aren't plenty ratings, but there could be, with integrations like these. And even the few ratings from podchaster filter out the most popular episodes.

Being able to rate episodes directly.

And very important: filtering by best ranking.

The question: "I like the podcast, but what are the most endorsed episodes I should listen to" is one I have all the time. And it should be answered directly in the app you use to play your podcasts.

https://www.podchaser.com/about/faq

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hide Podcast option

I keep some old podcasts subscribed to with the intention of catching up eventually but I know I won't get to them for a while. It would be nice to simply hide the podcast but NOT mark it as read so that I could see at a glance what I have left to listen to before hitting the archives.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Surface db field for "mark as played"

Looking in the backup db file, I don't see a way to flag episodes that have been "mark as played". For episodes played in the app directly, playbackDate > 0, but for those the user has just marked they still have -1 values. But the app seems to have a way to distinguish, b/c in "Playback History" those episodes don't show up.

Is there another available field that captures user-marked-played, and if not can it be surfaced in the backup?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Require password to add new podcast subscription

I want to lock down what my kids can listen. At a minimum I want to prevent adult explicit content from them I would pay the premium fee for this feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shuffle Without Repeats

Currently, the shuffle button repeats episodes, so if you have:

Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3

The shuffle button will shuffle them like this:

Episode 1
    Episode 3
    Episode 1
    Episode 2

Can you add a feature to shuffle episodes without repeats? Like this:

Episode 1
    Episode 3
    Episode 2

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the creation of customized playlists

At the end of the week, I want to be able to listen to just episodes on politics, for example. I don't want to have to go through all downloaded episodes and select the ones on politics to listen to or to screw up the order I keep downloaded episodes in. I also don't want to have to go to each individual podcast, listen to the relevant episodes, then go to the next one, repeat, etc.
    I want to be able to go to my podcast, select the episode I want, and download it to its own "politics playlist." Then,…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make 'move to bottom' of playlist not also take you there

When I toss an episode to the bottom I have to scroll back to where I was changing the order. Nice to next played doesn't do this.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Filter Episodes By Playlist

Right now you can filter episodes by All, recent, downloaded, not downloaded, and so on but can you add a feature where we can filter episodes by "in playlist" or "Not in playlist"?

This feature would let us see all the episodes that are in a playlist or not.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base