Skip to content

General

2341 results found

1. Add a "Volume decrease" similar to "Volume boost"

While resting and listening to podcasts, on some headphones the minimum android volume is still to loud.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Big speed adjustment buttons in Car Layout

I tend to listen to podcasts at 2.5 or faster BUT when a guest is a fast talker naturally or has a heavy accent, I need to slow the playback in order to catch what they are saying. When I'm driving, this can be a problem. The speed button is small, it brings up another window I have to look at, adjust and then OK out of. This is a dangerous interaction because I have to take my eyes off the road. Instead, on the Car Layout there should be two large speed adjustment buttons (a plus and a minus,…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. auto download episodes on added in the playlist

auto download episodes on added in the playlist

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Themes

I love the app. I was wondering if you can add a way to make custom themes? Winamp used to have an awsome dark red and black theme interchangeable between the back ground and letters. Also on rune kit for runescape there was a green and black theme that was cool. Let me know if you guys/gals are planning on this. It would be awsome if you did. BTW 5 stars in the play store.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a "Catch Up" feature for downloading podcasts

When you listen to one episode, automatically flag the next episode to be downloaded.

If I'm listening to multiple podcasts that are well esrablished, but I'd like to listen to all episodes 1, then episodes 2, then episodes 3, etc. I currently have to manually sort.

I'd like to the the ability to flag a podcast for "catching up". When I listen to Episode 1, it automatically flags Episode 2 for download. This is convenient for auto-queueing downloaded episodes to the playlist and getting each podcast in proper order. It also allows for listening to multiple podcasts that were published…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ADD setting to disable adding category/categories automatically to new podcasts

I use my own category system and having new podcasts appear in randomly called default categories like "Youtube" or "Science" is useless - I would rather have them in just "Uncategorized", so I can apply my own categories to it

please add a setting to disable this. the default behaviour could still be the current behaviour

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A combined normal and archive listening downloading scheme

Some of the podcasts I listen to have hundreds of episodes. I would like to listen to all the old ones, but I would also like to listen to the new ones as they come out. As I see it, I can currently ( Sept 2018) choose one of those but not both. I would like to have a mode that works like archive normally, but whenever it goes to download a new archive episode, it checks if the most recent episode is listened to and if not, downloads that one instead of the archive episode. That would be very…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically mark as read

Most podcatchers AUTOMATICALLY mark an episode as read immediately upon opening or swiping to the next one (while reading). The list should visually reflect the difference read/unread (the current green tick mark works just fine). The menu should also include an option to "show read". Please consider integrating this feature! Thanks!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatic cleanup: "keep unread episodes" option

I don't really think why someone would risk to inadvertently delete an unread episode that might be backlogged by some reason. Just as it is a "keep favorite episodes", I want a "keep unread episodes". Moreover, I think it should be enabled by default. It is easy to mark an episode as read, or older ones in batch with the included option or manually delete it if you really don't want to listen to it . But the risk of inadvertently deleting useful content should be avoided at all costs (for the developer to have peace of mind and less…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow an optional argument to the intents for Playlist to specify which one to open

I'm using the Tasker intents to create shortcuts (rather than widgets) to open the playlist or the player, but I have constructed a number of different playlists (using categories, priorities and sorting) for different situations. It would be great if I could specify with an intent the name of the category to use without having to manually select one interactively, particularly as most of my podcast playing is done while I'm driving, so anything that minimises the interaction needed is beneficial.

e.g. add an optional arg1 (string) to
    com.bambuna.podcastaddict.openplaylist – Open the app on the Playlist screen
    and
    com.bambuna.podcastaddict.service.player.playfirstepisode –…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom settings per category

It has been requested a lot. Please add the option to change the custom settings either by selecting multiple feeds at once or by category. It's a pain to change the settings manually for 25 podcasts.

Also, more of a question, is there a way to reverse the "mark all played" action? I searched but didn't find a way to do it.

Thanks!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add screen edge gestures to the playback screen to control playback speed, volume, fast forward, rewind, and more

Create the ability for users to slide their finger up and down the edge of their screen to control things. You can let users define the options as to what is controlled. For example, sliding up the left edge could fast forward, and sliding down the left edge could rewind. Sliding up the right edge could increase the playback speed and sliding down the right edge could decrease the playback speed. Check out Moon Reader app for great examples of how those developers have implemented something like this. Podcast Addict is the best player on the market. Please keep up…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add google smart speaker support!

If Podcast addict were a default option for Google Nest smart speakers it would be amazing. (You can change it from google podcasts to spotify currently so why not get podcast addict on there!) You'd need to have it synced up but imagine being able to tell your speaker to play a podcast and it automatically plays it via podcast addict, then you stop it to go for a drive and listen on your phone and it's synced up exactly where you left off. This functionality is one of the main reasons I feel I may have to abandon Podcast…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry but you will have to ask Google for this. They are the one in charge of the lists of application available and for now they only offered this to Spotify in order I guess to limit the risk of getting another antitrust lawsuit…

15. Add an option to enable automatic rewind only after a minute

hello,
    i love your app. I love the automatic rewind option. But because i think it would be a good idea to add an option to automatic rewind only after a select number of second/minutes.

mfg
    Kevin

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alternative to mark read

Perhaps mark skipped? Want some alternative to have a clearer history of what was listened too and what I just wanted out of the author download que for past episodes.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. PA on Ubuntu.

Is there any plan to get PA for Ubuntu? It sure would rock the Podcast World on the Linux Universe.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make unread episodes flag three digits

The orange flag that displays the number of unread episodes currently shows "+" if more than a certain number of episodes remain unread (guessing the max is probably 99). It would be great if this flag supported three-digit numbers because I've got a few long-running podcasts I follow that have more than 100 episodes I haven't yet download and having numeric feedback on how many episodes remain helps a lot when doing binge listening.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bulk "reset progress"

I relisten to certain podcasts, usually frI'm their first episode. I'd really like to be able to reset the progress on an entire podcast series instead of having to do it for each individual episode.

Thank you for your time.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow variable speed to remain enabled at 1.0x speed

Most podcasts I listen to are talking (fiction, quiz shows, etc), and I listen to those at 1.2x speed.

However, there are some podcasts that combine talking with music (e.g. podcasts where they talk about a song and then play it, or the 'Weather' in 'Welcome to Night Vale').

For such podcasts, I like to switch between listening faster (for the talking) and 1.0x speed (for the music).

However, when I switch to 1.0x speed and click OK, the variable player turns off and the regular player turns on and the podcast starts playing from several seconds away from where…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General