I suggest you ...

Cross device synchronization

Would be great to be able to synchronize subscriptions, playlist, read status, ... between devices

4,328 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminXavier Guillemane (Admin, Podcast Addict) responded  · 

The next couple of versions will focus in getting reed of any existing issue, then I will resume working on this feature.
    I may have found a solution to handle the charge necessary and which might not cost too much.

Once a first beta with basic subscription syncing is available I will study the impact on the servers (and the cost), then I will add more syncing step by step, in order to sync the read status, favorite flag, playback progress, …
    Hopefully I’ll be able to add this feature in the free version

260 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alexandre A Holanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Camon guys! The sync feature is a must. A long time has past since 2015. Would you please write an update on this? Thanx!

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this application and have been using it exclusively on my cell phone for podcasts every day for several years. My newest job issued me a separate work phone, but they are okay with having personal apps on it. So, I installed the app, jumped into the settings to find out how to turn on some sort of Cloud Sync only to realize - there is none. That is how I arrived at this forum. I really don't want to move to another podcast app, but without some sync feature I will have to continue doing the two-phone shuffle more often that I like. We appreciate the hard work you have put into this and hope this is a feature you can provide in the near future.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on progress of this item? This send to be the one major missing feature with this app. With 200+ Comments and 3.5k it seems to be highly desired. Also the latest update is over 2 years old.

• Sal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? I feel this feature is the most important.. especially being able to backup and restore from Google drive

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tried to use on my tablet. I have the app on my phone and it's great. And like most it's a shame I couldn't sync my phone subscription onto my tablet.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Syncing would rock - would gladly pay for the product with this feature

• Nelson A. Filho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to sync my listening stats, feeds, listened episodes, bookmarks, favorites and so on. I so need this feature

• Benoist Guillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to swap device and couldn't backup, now I have to rebuild from scratch.
        I see 3597 people voted for this idea and a dozen of them at least have the same issue as myself, I hope you can make it.

• Jimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please Google Drive on Android devices, I've just lost all my podcast subscriptions, downloaded and read episodes, as my phone died before I could backup :-(

• Steve Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still being worked on? I think Google drive would work. It works for moonreader.

• Matt Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This truly would make the app first in class and, these days, is kind of an expected benchmark

• Dr Will Schroeder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I already purchased the property version, but would gladly purchase a newer pro version for this option, as it would be so helpful to me!

• Randy Braun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very sad to say that I couldn't wait for this feature any longer, and I also have moved on to Pocket Casts. I will miss some features from your app, but the sync ability is one of the most critical feature for me, and so I must go. Please note that if this feature arrives in PodcastAddict, I will be back. Thank you.

• GrayHaze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got tired of waiting for this. I understand that Xavier has to prioritize some features over the others, considering that he does not have much support, but this doesn't even seem like its in his radar anymore. I switched over to another app which offers sync support. I really enjoyed this app, and its so many useful features, but with no updates for so long, I don't think suggestions are taken seriously anymore.

Feedback and Knowledge Base