Skip to content

General

2340 results found

1. use PodcastAddict as a music player

I use PA to play my MP3 musics by creating a virtual podcast to a folder on my SD card that contains all my favorite musics.
    It just lacks the possibility of resetting the playback of the songs if you leave the song and the possibility of downloading the image of the original CD cover.
    It would be great to give up any other player to play my music

J'utilise PA pour lire mes musiques MP3 en créant un podcast virtuel vers un dossier de ma carte SD qui contient toutes mes musiques favorites.

Il manque juste la possibilité de…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea. Next version of the app will show a small setting screen when creating a virtual podcast. It will allow you to select the podcast behavior like no automatic deletion, if the playback progress should be stored or not... 

2. Display Podcastfoldername on Infopage

I have a podcast 'Wirt' that, annoyingly, renamed itself to 'Klima'. My habbit is to go with a file manager to the location where podcast addict stores the audio files and backup them prior deletion on the device. I know which podcasts I fully heard and thus it generally works nicely.

That Wirt-Klima podcast just tricked me. There were plenty of already played episodes, but I could not find the name of the podcast in Podcast Addict (or the folder of the Podcast with the new name).

I suggest on the podcast info page (click small i) to add underneath…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show URL Preview when Long Pressing Hyperlinks

Currently when long pressing hyperlinks in episode descriptions a menu with the two options [Copy to clipboard] and [Share] opens.

I suggest the addition of the link's URL (or at least its beginning) to the header of that menu. Similar behavior when long pressing links can be found in the Chrome browser.

This feature would increase usability and security. When you currently want to check a link's destination before opening it, you have to copy it, go to your browser and insert it there. With the addition of the URL to the menu you could do a simple long press,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Vertical widget

Il serait intéressant d'avoir les widgets 4x1 et 4x2 en version verticale : placé en bordure d'écran cela permettrait un contrôle plus facile à une main. Merci à vous

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Important request from users + platform compatibility

I am a premium user with yearly suscription, I am here to post a new idea. I found:

From 2014:
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/6531942-having-a-computer-based-version-of-podcast-addict

From 2015
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/10402602-add-podcast-addict-to-the-google-chrome-app-store

From 2016:

https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/forums/211997-general/suggestions/12276636-player-web-on-a-dedicated-website

Before pay for the year suscription, I read the entire page about WHY yearly suscription and no only 1 pay. But, I dont understand why this important suggestion have no been implemented.

I hope we have windows, or online, or chrome extension option soon.

Best regards.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow sorting by frequency and also by number of unplayed episodes

These are different ideas:
    Sorting by frequency would allow me to prioritize episodes which are published daily over those which are published weekly, for example. We can already more or less do this via priority, but not quite. This would allow me to hear low frequency podcasts immediately, which otherwise tend to be burried in long playlists.
    Sorting by unplayed episodes already works on the subscription tab, but not on the playlist. This would allow me to prioritize episodes from podcasts which have a lot of unplayed ones, thus allowing me to catch up or binge listen a particular podcast,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Beautify Personal listening statistics

Beautify the personal listening statistics. Line graph, see how many hours you see everyday in a week , month, year and forever. Line graph that goes up and down everyday depend how many hour you listen to each day. Ability to see how many hour you listen to that week.Separate ability to see individual podcast listening time in a day,week,year, forever on a line graph each with a different color.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable podcast update via mobile data

Permit override of global "Update (via) Wi-Fi only" so a podcast or RSS feed may be updated via mobile data - either on demand, or set per podcast.
    This would allow individual podcasts to update (even download) when synced via mobile data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Drag and Drop Divider Bars

I would love to have newly added podcasts not create their own categories and to be able to display and sort all of my custom categories on the main screen at the same time. However, if overhauling the category system is too drastic, then maybe you could just add in custom divider bars that could be used to sort podcasts on the main screen through drag and drop when "custom order" is selected for sort. It could be a totally manual thing without having to complicate the sort or category features. Just dragable bars with custom text to allow for…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add an option to change when the thumbnail is overriden

On my old phone the podcast artwork would only change to the custom one when it was set as watched or yet to be downloaded.

I really liked this bug as it both easily showed what I haven't yet seen and was generally a nice adition to the feel of the application.

It would be nice for it to be an option for deciding when the thumbnail switches to the custom one, that way it is open to customisation and doesn't effect anyones experience negatively by changing up how the customisations are presented to eveyone.

Tjank you for your time…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to turn off disables podcasts in black and white

In the newest update (June 20th 2022), disabled podcasts (podcasts which do not automatically update new episode releases) have their icon shown in black and white on the main page. It's a fine feature and I don't mind it being the new default setting, but there should also be an option to turn this feature off and have all podcasts be shown in full color, regardless of whether their episodes are updated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would it be possible to increase the video playback speed up to 5 times?

I always use this app very well.

The video playback speed can be up to 2.2x, Couldn't this be increased to 5x, the same speed as the audio?

I know it is a beta feature and the load is heavy, but the performance of smartphones is improving.

In fact, I was able to play 5x speed with other apps on my phone.

I think it would be relatively easy to implement, so I would appreciate it if you could consider this.

Thank you in advance.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include time and date data with bookmark exports

I use the existing bookmark feature to keep track of my place and provide a record (time/date stamp) for CPE recording. I only recently started playing with the export bookmark features to see if there was a way I could parse the data to script my CPE reporting - I was surprised to see that even though the default name in the bookmark list is 'Created on:' + date + '-' + time, that information is not included in the data export. Would you please consider incorporating this additional information in your app?

Thank you for your consideration, and all…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow "inverse" category selection

In the same way you can select "News" and see only podcasts with that category, it would be convenient to see all the podcasts /without/ that category, i.e., the complement of the set. This would allow users to avoid (say) news for a while if they wanted to, and it would also help users assign categories to podcasts which should have them but don't. I imagine it showing up in the category list as something like "-News", or "^News", or "!News", but any way this could be implemented would be appreciated.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase button size to allow use with gloves

to increase the size of the play button in individual episode view to allow chosing and playing episodes while wearing gloves

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for Huawei EMUI 12 audio controller

Hi!
    Just got an EMUI 12 update for my old P30 Pro and they rolled out a new menu audio controller when swiping down on the right side (left side for notifications). It's a shortcut for audio playback settings within the new interface "control panel".
    https://www.huaweicentral.com/emui-12-features-new-ui-design-motion-effect-control-panel-device-plus-and-more/
    Spotify is supported so I guess it's up to the app developer.
    Anyways: Please add support for this future if possible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sorting favorites by date added

I am often looking for episodes that I know I added recently to favorites, but the episodes themselves might have been published five years ago. It is very hard to find these episodes, and it would be nice with a sort by date added to favorites feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lanscape Playlist Needs UX Update

Playlists in landscape mode are essentially useless because dropdowns and menus take up 40+% of the screen space. In landscape mode only about two and a half episodes are visible. In portrait mode 9+ are visible

Particularly cumbersome/noticeable when driving and phone is mounted horizontally.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow to subscribe to the same podcast twice, each with different episodes filter

There is a podcast with two types of episodes. I want to have two subscription with the same rss address. I will set a different episode filter in each.
    Currently I can't subscribe to podcast that I already have.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Episode artwork in player, podcast artwork in episode list

My idea is to have separate "episode artwork" options for the Episode list vs for the Player.

Currently: There is an "episode artwork" option in Settings > Display > Episodes. This can be overridden for an individual podcast in Custom Settings.

Because Display > Episodes otherwise contains options that apply to the episode list / description screens, I expected there to be another equivalent option in Display > Player. But there is not, the Display > Episodes option applies universally.

For me, I like to see the podcast artwork when I'm browsing the list of episodes or the playlist, which…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?